To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

New Update for Mac

Johann_Gruber
Johann_Gruber
Community Member

Hello,
downloaded today the new version of 1Password 7 and I noticed the following:
Gadget: in the Google for Mac browser, the password generator under the Watchtower is listed, which is very well done. Congratulations! Unfortunately, all this is missing on safari, which is a pity!
Also, I miss the setting options for some websites prescribed or allowed special characters!
Is it possible that there are new options for this?

Thanks for the answer!

Gruber Johann

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Johann_Gruber

The "+ New Password" button in Safari will bring up the password generator with all available options.

We are evaluating how to best expose the power of the password generator without being overwhelming to those who might be overwhelmed by a myriad of options.

Thanks.

Ben

• Johann_Gruber
    Johann_Gruber
    Community Member

Hello Ben, thanks for the quick response. Looked at it and I noticed the following: when I had a password with 35 digits generated, so far a variety of symbols were used. In the latest version, only very few symbols are used! Is this a new strategy to generate secure passwords?

Gruber Johann

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• @Johann_Gruber

I've merged your new thread into the other you started on the same subject. :) Yes, that is intentional. Many websites only support a very limited subset of symbols. Rather than include symbols that are likely to be rejected by a large swath of websites we've removed them from the generator.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.