To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Syncing my devices

Joeie_cecil
Joeie_cecil
Community Member

Have iPhone iPad & Mac would like to sync all three plus add my wife thanks

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Joeie_cecil: Thanks for reaching out. You can do just that with a 1Password Families membership! That includes up to five family members in the base price, so that each of you get all the 1Password apps and updates, secure vault sharing between you, and no one has to configure sync: you each just sign in to your account on each device to access your own data and any vaults shared with you. :chuffed:

1Password Families also includes automatic offsite backup and item history, so losing your devices doesn't mean losing your data. And it allows you to help family members recover their accounts if they get locked out — along with many other benefits. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• ishootfriendlies
    ishootfriendlies
    Community Member

Brenty, I have a family plan but the vaults are not syncing. Each member has his own vault and login, and shared passwords do not sync across vaults. Any help available on this?

• @ishootfriendlies

Sharing is done at the vault level. If an item is in a person's Private vault it isn't going to show up for anyone else, because no one ever has access to another person's Private vault. If you want to share items you'd need to store them in a vault that everyone you want to share with has access to:

Share passwords in 1Password Families

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• ishootfriendlies
    ishootfriendlies
    Community Member

Great, that makes sense. Lets say I have 20 passwords and 4 family members (A,B,C,D). 5 passwords everyone can see, 5 only A, B, and C can see, 5 only A and B can see, and 5 only A can see. I would need four vaults. I would have access to all of them, B to three, C to two, and D to only one. Am I understanding that correctly?

• Yes, exactly. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.