When 1P updates, 1PX seems to have issues connecting back or gives browser signature issues.

When 1P updated earlier today 1PX seemed no longer able to connect to 1P. I've also seen browser signature errors on some of these updates.

I'm not sure what the intended UX is here, but it's annoying when you are in the middle of doing stuff, and 1PX or 1P updates automatically and stuff breaks

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.BETA-14 (70300014) 1Passwo
Extension Version: 1.16.2.beta
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: 1P account

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey there @lrosenman! Sorry to hear about the trouble with integrating 1Password X and 1Password for Mac. I'm not sure if the browser signature errors are what you're seeing in your logs, but I'm hoping you can post that here if it is. That may help us get to the bottom of it.

The fact that you mentioned browser signature errors made me think about your code signature being invalid. I'm not sure if that's the case, given the little information I have to go off of, but I do know that Chrome's code signature changes when it's going through an update. Typically restarting Chrome will do the trick, so I'd like you to give that a try. If not, please do post your logs here and we can take a closer look. You can find the instructions to obtain your logs here. Thank you!

• jameshbao
    jameshbao
    Community Member

Hey @kaitlyn, I'm having the same issue so posting my log below. Excited to get this to work again!

11:03:19.386 _generated_background_page.html:1 Unchecked runtime.lastError: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. 11:03:24.167 background.js:1 [model/ecdsa_public_key#verify] Error: Unexpected signature kid:v2hdpuug3be2nioiqj6knvfpj4 != 4e4rzknqj5htxcqeurkkrxcmeq at background.js:8 (anonymous) @ background.js:1 11:03:24.168 background.js:1 [model/ecdsa#verify] Error: Unexpected signature kid:v2hdpuug3be2nioiqj6knvfpj4 != 4e4rzknqj5htxcqeurkkrxcmeq at background.js:8 (anonymous) @ background.js:1 11:03:24.229 background.js:31 Failed to validate payload signature for account PJPY7ZKYOFGYRA5PXXB3GKM33Y and user LHKM7ECAPVEHHI2AH2GD3BMO4U with device owr3pmttfjef3gphfqldh6sccu). validateSignatures @ background.js:31 11:03:24.230 background.js:31 Failed to validate signature of native message host. receiveContinue @ background.js:31

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jameshbao! Welcome to the forum, and thanks for jumping in here. :)

I appreciate you posting your logs as well. We're working towards resolving the underlying issue in regards to updating 1Password for Mac, but I'd like to propose a solution for you in the meantime. Can you please try these troubleshooting steps for us?

1. With 1Password for Mac open, select Help in the macOS menubar, then hover over Troubleshooting and click on Reset 1Password X Device Keys
    2. Lock and unlock 1Password for Mac

That should reset the connection and allow 1Password for Mac and 1Password X to integrate properly again. If it doesn't do the trick, feel free to let us know here and we'll try to come up with another solution!

• lrosenman
    lrosenman
    Community Member

I'm also getting a message about check your internet connection when I try to save new items from 1PX. This is especially annoying when using the password generator. Would the reset device keys thing above help?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lrosenman – I don't think resetting the device keys will help you out in this case. That's for fixing the connection between 1Password X and 1Password for Mac, but I don't believe that's the issue you're experiencing. The issue is likely legitimately an internet connection issue or there's an issue authenticating your 1Password account. Can you try removing and reinstalling 1Password X? You'll be asked to sign into your account from the beginning, but I'm hoping that resolves any potential authentication issue. Let me know how it goes!

• lrosenman
    lrosenman
    Community Member

Ok, I deleted and re-installed 1PX Beta, and restarted Chrome. I'll see what happens with the next set of updates, etc.

(hopefully, this stops the random asking for 1P signins as well)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good. Let us know how it goes. :)

• lrosenman
    lrosenman
    Community Member

I had to restart chrome today with the latest 1P app update. It was whining about browser signature once and wanted me to re-sign in to my 1P accounts.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lrosenman: Thanks for the update. Often restarting the browser can help too. It's something we're working on in the current 1Password for Mac beta. Let me know what happens when you update to the next beta. Checking the browser first to see if it has a pending update itself could help. :)

This discussion has been closed.