How do you sync the 1Password X Chrome extension so it shows new passwords ?

The chrome extension does not appear to sync automatically . How do you get it to show newly added passwords ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.15.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do you sync the 1Password X Chrome extension so it shows new passwords ?

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @tombosmans! Do you know if you have a 1Password.com account? 1Password X will require a subscription (account), so if you have local vaults stored on your machine, they won't be recognized by 1Password X. I can't tell if that's exactly what's happening with the little info I have, but I figured I'd ask just to double check. Let me know! :)

• jb820
    jb820
    Community Member

I too have the same problem with passwords added or changed in the mobile app or desktop app on a different machine do not seem to sync to 1Password X for Chrome. And worse, there is no manual sync/update button I can find. I am using 1p X with my existing 1password.com account.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jb820: Thanks for getting in touch! Do you have a Primary vault in 1Password on any of your devices?

• jb820
    jb820
    Community Member

In my case, it may be more complex than the OP. On the device in question w/ 1pX, I'm using a separate user (we'll call it B) who has access to a shared vault. On the iPhone, user A has multiple vaults including a primary vault and a secondary vault which is shared with user B (using 1password teams).

• jb820
    jb820
    Community Member

sorry, not B), rather "B )". It got auto corrected into an emoji haha.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jb820 – I see! Thanks for clarifying that. I'm curious if you're able to see the shared vault when you sign into account B (or :sunglasses:) at https://my.1password.com (or your specific sign-in domain, if you have one). Let me know!

• jb820
    jb820
    Community Member

The shared vault is there when I go to my.1password.com and interestingly it looks like once I did that, the new item(s) showed up there and then subsequently inside the 1password X extension. So it seems like there is some trouble with 1Password X not showing new items until I've opened up the my.1password.com site and see them there first.

• @jb820

Is this still reproducible for you? E.g. If you add a new item on the iPhone now does it then show up in 1Password X?

Ben

• ishootfriendlies
    ishootfriendlies
    Community Member

Not sure if this is still active, but this is similar to another question I asked (see below):

"I have 4 people (Bob, Joe, Steve, Mike) using 1 passwordX. Each person has his own vault, except my wife and me. We have access to all the passwords, while the others have access only to the passwords assigned to their vault. I distributed the password between the vaults by using copy. The password changes are not syncing between vaults and people.

For example, we all have access to netflix. Let's say Bob changes the password and updates his 1passwordx vault. The password for him will change, but not for the other users and vaults. How do I make it so the passwords sync? When Bob changes his password for Netflix, it should change for everyone."

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ishootfriendlies: Copies are just copies. For example, if you make a photocopy of a tax document, and then fill it out, the original doesn't have any of those changes. You've got completely separate, independent copies of the same thing, in different places. With 1Password vaults, each is encrypted separately. That's what makes it possible to securely share with Bob without him getting access to all of Joe's data: each has separate encryption keys for the vault(s) they have access to, to encrypt data they put into it and decrypt data they want to view there. In order to have a "password" update for everyone, it would need to be in a vault which everyone has access to, and modified there. Other copies elsewhere will be unaffected. The Netflix example is a good one, because it's a common example we use to illustrate the purpose of the default Shared vault in 1Password Families: it's for stuff everyone needs access to, like garage door codes, house alarm password, etc:

Share passwords in 1Password Families

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• ishootfriendlies
    ishootfriendlies
    Community Member

@brenty, This is great info, thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! We're here if you have any other questions. :chuffed:

• ishootfriendlies
    ishootfriendlies
    Community Member
    edited May 2019

One more question, brenty. I have created several vaults and assigned people to the vaults they need. that seems to have corrected the error. The only problem left is I cannot see the passwords in that one vault. I looked at the vault and I am listed on it vault with full access, but cannot get to the passwords in that vault unless I go online. Any idea about this? I have already removed myself and readded myself from the vault. Any help is appreciated.

---Nevermind, I found the problem. It was in the settings of the chrome extension. In their, that vault was off.

• Glad to hear you were able to figure out the solution @ishootfriendlies. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.