Extension not working in Chrome or Safari

Options
kirkazar1p
kirkazar1p
Community Member

Chrome
When I click on the extension icon, 1password pops up and immediately goes back to the background. Can't select site to fill. Using the menu bar icon, it says I need to install the Chrome extension. When I right click and select 1password the pop up and retreat behavior happens.

Safari
Same with the popup and back using the extension icon and when right clicking but the menu bar icon does nothing.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• glennfleishman
    glennfleishman
    Community Member
    Options

Same since installing 7.3. I saw elsewhere one suggestion is to reboot my Mac, but I don't have the time for that right at the moment. Will a fix be released that will re-enable the Safari extension without requiring a macOS reboot?

• kirkazar1p
    kirkazar1p
    Community Member
    Options

I've rebooted. Doesn't help or change the symptoms at all.

1Password Version: 7.3 (70300019)
    MacOS 10.14.4
    Not using 1PasswordX - just standard extension and have tried to uninstall and re-install today also.

• godbout
    godbout
    Community Member
    Options

Same thing here. Since the last update, I can't use 1Password in Chrome. Getting the "Install extension" message.

1Password 7
    Version 7.3 (70300019)
    Mac App Store

macOS 10.14.5 (18F132)

• glennfleishman
    glennfleishman
    Community Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

I just tried option-Quit from the 1Password mini system menubar item, then launched 1Password again. It all works now. (Which should work on restart, too!—no idea why it doesn't.)

• kirkazar1p
    kirkazar1p
    Community Member
    Options

Aaaaand we're back! That did it Glenn. Thanks for sharing. I wonder why that useful item is buried under an option-click?

• MrRooni
    Options

Hi folks, and sorry for the trouble here. We are investigating why this is happening and hope to have it fixed up in 7.3.1. Small side note, you can also right-click on the menu bar icon starting in 7.3, so the options stored there are a little less hidden than before. You can also access the same options from the gear in 1Password mini itself.

This discussion has been closed.