Locking users to only being able to see "related" websites when viewing 1Password in small form

timbanh
timbanh
Community Member
edited May 2019 in Mac

Hello!

New here and new user. I find it difficult to search for my passwords when using the Helper/small form of the app which opens when I launch app from my iOS keyboard or in the form fields on websites (1Password X Helper). The problems becomes increasingly difficult when I need to use a login for a different website instead of the one I'm currently on because the Helper/small form apps do not allow me to search my entire database of logins. I always find myself having to launch the full app or extension instead.

Is there a reason why the search is so narrow when viewing the Helper/small form app?

Thanks,
Tim

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 1.15.2
OS Version: IOS 12.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@timbanh: While I am not sure I understand why you say you can't search in the 1Password menu, as a phishing protection 1Password will only offer to fill Login items matching the current URL.

Again, you can totally type to search for any of your items in 1Password:

But 1Password isn't going to fill it for you on the current page unless it matches what you've told 1Password is the appropriate place to fill those credentials. Does that help? :)

• timbanh
    timbanh
    Community Member

"as a phishing protection 1Password will only offer to fill Login items matching the current URL." was the answer I was looking for! Thank you. I found it disrupting to not be allowed to search my entire database of logins when using the app or miniature widget like form of 1Password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@timbanh: I'm glad that helped! Just to clarify, you should be able to search for anything there; 1Password just won't fill it on the current page if it doesn't match the saved URL. But clicking "Go" (or pressing Enter/Return) in those cases should open it up in a new tab, so be sure to let me know if you're having any issues with that. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.