Use 1Password Teams on a Shared Remote Desktop Server

jack_inc
jack_inc
Community Member

I'm wondering if it is possible to use 1Password Teams on a Windows Server 2016 remote desktop server using just the browser extension in Chrome without having to install the desktop app. I saw a few posts about this but they were a couple of years old. One of them referenced the possibility of adding this feature in the future.

I also saw a post that said the desktop app was supported in "Terminal Server" (obsolete term), but I'd rather not install the app on my server if I can avoid it.

Or is the workaround to still just use the web app and manually copy the login credentials?

Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 4.7.4.90
OS Version: Windows Server 2016
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2019

Hi @jack_inc

Our 1Password X browser extension works in Chrome without the need for the desktop 1Password for Windows application. I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work for your setup. :+1: :)

1Password X

Ben

• jack_inc
    jack_inc
    Community Member

Okay, then. I'm still working through the trial and I had not checked out 1Password X. I thought that was some kind of premium offering.

It seems to work just fine in this scenario. :) Thanks for the tip.

• Excellent. Glad to hear that helps. 1Password X does require 1Password membership (of which 1Password Teams is one tier), but that would be the only requirement like that.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.