Importing Credit Cards

Options
dzabrisk
dzabrisk
Community Member

When I import a clean, credit card only, csv file, the records go into LOGINS, not Credit Cards. I have only CC data in my csv. I have followed the instructions here: https://support.1password.com/create-csv-files/

Is there a specific order to the columns??

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:import credit cards

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dzabrisk! Welcome to the forum!

Yes, there is a specific order to the columns, as shown in the support article you linked to. Specifically, for credit card items, this is the format that your CSV file should have:

title,card number,expiry date (MM/YYYY),cardholder name,PIN,bank name,CVV,notes

Is this the order you are using? Once you create a CSV file with this structure, 1Password should be able to import these items in the Credit Cards category :)

I hope this helps!

• dzabrisk
    dzabrisk
    Community Member
    Options

Hey there! Thanks for your reply. Yes, when I configure the CSV with that structure, it puts the entire text in the TITLE of the result as a LOGIN item.

If I put each item in a separate column, the cards are being imported as follows:

Title > Title
    Expiry Date > Username
    Cardholder Name > Password
    CC# > Website
    Bank Name > Field 6
    CCV > Field 7.

Thoughts???

Thanks!

Z

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dzabrisk - sorry for the continued confusion. Have you tried ordering those items specifically as Ana mentioned?

• dzabrisk
    dzabrisk
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars, Here are the 2 ways I have tried to import credit cards. Let me know if this helps or confuses the situation more! :)

1) I created a test CSV with one CC record. In cell A1, I used the structure exactly as Ana cited. "title,card number,expiry date (MM/YYYY),cardholder name,PIN,bank name,CVV,notes"

2) I created a 2nd test CSV with each item in a separate cell: A1=title, A2=card number, etc.

RESULTS

1) the string is imported into the TITLE of the new record EXACTLY as entered "title,card number,expiry date (MM/YYYY),cardholder name,PIN,bank name,CVV,notes". No other field is populated.

2) The following fields are populated as follows:

Title > Title
    Expiry Date > Username
    Cardholder Name > Password
    CC# > Website
    Bank Name > Field 6
    CCV > Field 7.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dzabrisk - can I ask what you're exporting from? Another password manager? Something else?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2019
    Options

@dzabrisk ,

What 1Password version are you importing into? Is this the Desktop version, or 1Password.com ?

Abandon your #1 method. That will never work. Your #2 method is correct for the 1Password for Mac Desktop software (but won't work for 1Password.com).

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@dzabrisk ,

This is how it will look in 1Password 7:

• dzabrisk
    dzabrisk
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using the Mac desktop 7 version, out of Dashlane. Ok, we are getting somewhere now! Thanks to your help, I found my error: I was not selecting the Credit Card item type. Doh!!! Definite PEBKAC! :) I also found that I need to format the Expiry Date cells as "CUSTOM" so that Xcel doesn't treat them as a date but as pure text. Thank you! I have been a Dashlane user for years and am, so far, pleased with 1Password. Appreciate your guidance.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Nice work @dzabrisk !

Enjoy 1Password!

FYI: If you have other types exported from Dashlane that are not supported by the native CSV importer, you can use the csv converter in the converter suite .

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dzabrisk - glad MrC was able to assist on this one; it didn't occur to me that you might not have set the Credit Card type in the import dialogue. :)

• KickingupDust
    KickingupDust
    Community Member
    Options

Is there an easy way to create the csv file of credit cards from chrome to import to 1Password, or does the csv file have to be created manually, in which case, why not just manually add the cards one by one through 1password?

Thanks for the advice.

K

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited June 2019
    Options

@KickingupDust ,

How many cards are you talking about?

You can just use the chrome converter in the converter suite to do the work for you.

• KickingupDust
    KickingupDust
    Community Member
    Options

Only a few! I didn't know about the converter. Thanks for pointing this out.

Link not working at the moment.

Thanks

K

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@KickingupDust ,

Link not working at the moment.

Working for me...

• KickingupDust
    KickingupDust
    Community Member
    Options

This is what I get:

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited June 2019
    Options

@KickingupDust ,

Sorry, I'm not following you. Are you saying that this link:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/101693/moving-to-1password-from-another-password-manager#latest

is not working?

Or that the link on that page to:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a3skeey2zqimdlv/AAD87q6N_EJZ1YoPe5SA35a1a?dl=0

is not working?

• KickingupDust
    KickingupDust
    Community Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

For clarity I meant the link on dropbox for the suite on chrome. It did work on another browser though. I had posted an image in my previous post but it has not appeared.

I now need to work out how to use it for credit cards from chrome only, not other data.

Thanks

K

• KickingupDust
    KickingupDust
    Community Member
    Options

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited June 2019
    Options

@KickingupDust ,

Your pic was flagged as spam.

To deal with only Credit Card info, add the option --exp creditcard to the converter command, either on the command line if you are running that, or via the dialog when prompted by the macOSConvertHelper.

Example:

$ perl convert.pl chrome --exp creditcard -v
    Imported 5 items
    Exported 2 creditcard items
    Exported 2 total items
    You may now import the file /Users/MrC/Desktop/1P_import.1pif into 1Password

• KickingupDust
    KickingupDust
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your patience.

I have 4 cards in chrome, but none are being exported using the tool

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited June 2019
    Options

@KickingupDust ,

It may be easier for you to just enter them manually.

If you want to continue to debug, you can enable debug mode to the converter:
    with -d

$ perl convert.pl chrome --imp creditcard --exp creditcard -vd
    main                : Runninng script from '/Users/MrC/Documents/Coding/mrc-converter-suite'
    main                : Command Line: chrome --imp creditcard --exp creditcard -vd
    main                : Output file: /Users/MrC/Desktop/1P_import.1pif
    print_fileinfo      : Input file info: "/Users/MrC/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Login Data"
    print_fileinfo      :   size: 40960
    print_fileinfo      :   kind: SQLite 3.x database, last written using SQLite version 3027002
    print_fileinfo      :   mime: application/x-sqlite3; charset=binary
    print_fileinfo      : Input file info: "/Users/MrC/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Profile 1/Login Data"
    print_fileinfo      :   size: 18432
    print_fileinfo      :   kind: SQLite 3.x database, last written using SQLite version 3021000
    print_fileinfo      : Input file info: "/Users/MrC/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Web Data"
    print_fileinfo      :   size: 73728
    print_fileinfo      :   kind: SQLite 3.x database, last written using SQLite version 3027002
    print_fileinfo      : Input file info: "/Users/MrC/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Profile 1/Web Data"
    print_fileinfo      :   size: 67584
    print_fileinfo      :   kind: SQLite 3.x database, last written using SQLite version 3021000
    get_db_entries      : *** Connecting to chrome Login Data Data database

Do you see these lines, and other debug lines after this such as:

get_db_entries      : *** Disconnecting from database
    get_db_entries      : *** Connecting to chrome Web Data Data database
    get_db_entries      : Credit Card entry
    get_db_entries      : cardholder: Joe Blow
    get_db_entries      : ccnum: 5555-3333-2222-1111
    get_db_entries      : type: creditcard
    get_db_entries      : expiry: 201805
    get_db_entries      : --- Done decoding Web Data

• KickingupDust