Can 1Password colours be improved (Dark Mode request)

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited February 2018 in iOS

With 1Password 7 and iOS 11, because under General : Accessibility : Display Accomodations : Invert Colours : Smart Invert. This is the so called Dark Mode or Theatre Mode. I tried it and for 1Password it was so bad I turned it off. It was bad for Mobile Safari also.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 1Password 7.0.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @wkleem. We don’t have plans for a dark mode at this time but perhaps it is something we can consider for the future. I’d personally love to have it — for any apps that offer a dark mode I enable it. Just easier on the eyes IMO. :)

Ben

• SpaceGray
    SpaceGray
    Community Member
    Options

I know this is an old topic, but I too would like to write in support of a iOS Dark Mode that supports Smart Invert

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

@Ben,

We are now at iOS 12. I see Mojave is now offering Dark Mode. Until this discussion was revived, I had forgotten about Dark Mode. There are now apps like YouTube with Dark Mode built in.

• I imagine if iOS ever were to offer a proper Dark Mode (beyond Smart Invert) we would likely build a dark interface for 1Password. I’d personally love to see that, as I’m a night owl, and use iOS as my primary operating system. Hopefully the fact that the Mac just got it with Mojave is a good sign of things to come. Fingers crossed.

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

It won't be long now for Dark Mode to come to iOS! iOS 13 (currently in Beta) now has Dark Mode.Minimum requirement for iOS 13 is iPhone 6s, 6s Plus and SE.

• Ben
    Options

We're very excited about Apple's announcement regarding Dark Mode for iOS. We blogged how it relates to 1Password here:

1Password for iOS shines in the dark on iOS 13

:+1:

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the update!

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben