Bought app for my Mac and now want to include another family member

schafferdebbie
schafferdebbie
Community Member

I bought the 1Password in the App Store on my Mac so I don't pay monthly fees. I've finally convinced my husband to use 1Password as well. Must we both now use the monthly family plan with its associated fees? I don't know if it matters, but he's a Windows user. Thanks!

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 4.7.4.90
OS Version: Mojave OS 10.14.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @schafferdebbie! Welcome to the forum! :)

Must we both now use the monthly family plan with its associated fees? I don't know if it matters, but he's a Windows user.

A Families account is not mandatory if you both want to use 1Password, but it's the best solution. You could both use two standalone licenses, and use 1Password on your devices separately, but you would miss several features that you get with a Families Membership (for example, you can share passwords with each other through the password sharing feature).

That's why in your case I will strongly recommend a 1Password Families account. In addition to password sharing, a Families account offers you a lot more features, which I believe you and your husband will find useful in your day to day life.

Basically, everything is included with memberships. All the devices you need are included for free, sync happens automatically, backups are taken care of straight away, everything you would expect is there. You get storage for secured documents, item history, watchtower, travel mode, ease of sharing with your family... The list goes on and on.

I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.