sharing password with other 1password members

Options
vishalsheth
vishalsheth
Community Member

I would like to share password with another 1password user. Now this person is not in my family group. How can I share the password so it remains secured without any kind of exposure of password. this could also be from individual to individual or family to individual.

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: 7.3
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sharing password with other 1password members

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @vishalsheth! :)

It is not possible to share passwords with users on a different 1Password account. If you want to do this, you’ll first need to invite this family member to your Families account:

1. Sign in to your account on 1Password.com.
    2. Click Invitations in the sidebar.
    3. Click the blue + button, enter their email addresses, then click Invite.

Once they have completed the new account creation, you will be able to share passwords with them.

• vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    Options

lastpass allows to share passwords. It can be sent through email too. It does open absolutely fine. This makes it easier to manage and share. This works great with other last pass users. I don't need to add them to my family.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vishalsheth:

I don't need to add them to my family.

Thank you for letting us know about this! As I wrote in my previous post, if you want to share 1Password items with other 1Password users, they need to be part of the same account (whether it is a Families or a Teams/Business account).

For security reasons, we do not allow sharing passwords outside of a 1Password account, including via email. But thank you for your feedback about this!

This discussion has been closed.