To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Two vaults with different numbers of items

Options
glgray
glgray
Community Member

I have been a 1Password user from the beginning and it was worked well for me for years. So well, that I rarely look carefully at the app. I recently noticed that I have two vaults, one under my name called "Personal" and one on iCloud called "Primary". The Personal vault has 776 items and the Primary vault on iCloud has 733 items. The Personal vault has all the recent additions (since early 2018). What is going on here? I am apparently doing something wrong, but I don't know what. I would like to have one vault and I would everything to sync to my iOS devices. Help!

Here is what things look like in 1P.

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: 7.3
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@glgray: You've got a Primary (local) vault you're syncing with iCloud and a Personal (account) vault that's part of a 1Password membership. Based on the screenshot, I'm guessing the Primary is the one with more in it, as that's the default for saving. Is that correct?

• glgray
    glgray
    Community Member
    Options

Actually, the Primary is the one with fewer items. The Personal vault is the one that seems to be the one new items are saved in.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@glgray: Well then I'm not sure what you're doing there. :lol: Let me ask you this: do you have anything in the Primary vault you need?

• glgray
    glgray
    Community Member
    Options

They seem to be identical prior to Feb 2018. Like I said, everything since then seems to be saved to the Personal vault. What should be happening?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gigray: if you are using a 1Password Membership, we recommend using the Personal vault, and ignore the Primary vault altogether. So what you are currently doing is the right thing :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@glgray: If you have everything you need in your account's Personal vault, please remove the Primary vault. You can find instructions to do that after setting up your account on any of your devices here:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• glgray
    glgray
    Community Member
    Options

That was very helpful. I now understand what is going on and Personal is the only vault on all my devices. I guess I didn't fully understand what I was doing when I got the 1Password membership.

Thank you again!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @glgray!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.