Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How can I add new categories or edit the existin

Comments

• arturoaubry
    arturoaubry
    Community Member
    Options

Hey, @102030.

I'm not a 1Pass team member, but I believe that Categories are predetermined by design and therefore, can't be edited. I've read in other threads that this may be something the team would consider implementing in the future, but as of now, this is what we've got.

What I would recommend you in the meantime is to take advantage of Secure Notes. You can read more about them in the 1Password blog.

Have an excellent weekend!

Community Member
    Options

Hey to Arturo Aubry
    Thank you very much for your kind reply. It really seems that you are right and there is no way to add new categories
    Best Regards

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's correct. We don't have plans to add new ones ourselves since people are always requesting something different; it's just not feasible for us to do everything that's requested, and frankly the "New Item" menu would be a mess very quickly.

But while you cannot create new categories, you can customize any items in 1Password. One common use for Secure Notes is to add custom fields, icon, etc.:

Secure all the things in Secure Notes

It's really flexible. And of course you can also add custom fields/icons to other 1Password items as well. Secure Notes is just more of a "blank slate" to work with, so that can be useful for a lot of things. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.