I have a question about team plans and business plans.

I'm wondering which plan to contract.
Is it possible to change from a team plan to a business plan after the start of use?
Conversely, is it possible to change from a business plan to a team plan?

What happens if you change from a business plan to a team plan and you use features that are unique to your business plan?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Change plan

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Shimizu_Yuka: Thanks for getting in touch! Good questions. :)

Is it possible to change from a team plan to a business plan after the start of use?

Yes!

Conversely, is it possible to change from a business plan to a team plan?

Yes! But please contact us first at business@1password.com so we can help with any issue you're having, and avoid any issues making the transition.

What happens if you change from a business plan to a team plan and you use features that are unique to your business plan?

1Password Business supports a lot of extra features that 1Password Teams does not. A few examples:

Those things are the most likely to complicate any transition from a team to business membership, since they affect how it is used. For example, if there is no equivalent permission in 1Password Teams, you may need to configure access again using the available permissions/roles.

The following are some features which will not require any transitions but you will just not have anymore after changing:

I really think that while not all companies may use all of the more advanced features in 1Password Business immediately, many find it's good to have them available at any time. And the included 1Password Families membership for each person makes it easy for everyone in the company to secure their work data separately from personal data, and develop good security habits in general.

I hope this helps. And feel free to reach out at business@1password.com at any time to discuss your own company's needs in detail privately. :)

• Shimizu_Yuka
    Shimizu_Yuka
    Community Member

Thank you for your reply.
    I understand very well.
    I will continue to use it.
    Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! I'm glad to help. If you have any other questions, just let us know. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.