Have 1PW stand alone on Windows 7. I want to put it on two android tablets. How and how much?

gorham
gorham
Community Member

I finally switched from Kindle to a "real" android tablet. Well two of them. So I can finally actually use 1 Password on my portable devices. I also have three android phones only one of which is activated. I understand there's a license fee for each platform. I believe I'm correct in assuming that android is android no matter the device. So one license for all of those, yes? But how to do it when the original license is for the stand alone product. Would I have to use annual pricing for the android product? Thanks much for helping.

1Password Version: 7.3.684 & 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: WIN & 64-bit
Sync Type: none

Comments

• Hi @gorham. I take it you're using the standalone version rather than a membership, right? Let me explain the difference.

Historically, 1Password was licensed per version and per platform, which meant that you could purchase a license to use with a single version on 1Password on a specific platform as long as you like. With this standalone version, your data is only saved locally unless you opted to sync with another device or a third-party service such as Dropbox. Then, when major upgrades are released, it typically requires a license upgrade as well. This is what you're referring to. You need to purchase separately for each platform. In other words, if you have a desktop license, it won't cover Android. You'll need to purchase separately on Android in order to unlock 1Password on all of your Android devices.

On the other hand, with a 1Password membership, your data is stored in our servers, and we back it up automatically and sync it for you. This version requires a subscription, since we're hosting the data indefinitely, which requires server space. With an active membership, 1Password is covered on all platforms (Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android), and all major upgrades are covered as well. This means you don't have to worry about purchasing license upgrades as new versions come out like you would with the standalone version.

I hope that clarifies things a bit! Let me know if you have more questions. Thanks!

• gorham
    gorham
    Community Member

That does clarify. Thanks. I do prefer local storage and have been more than satisfied with the version I have. But where can I actually order it as a stand alone for Android?

I appreciate your time and the help. Say "hi" to @MikeT if you would, please. 8-)

-G.

• @gorham Once you've synced your vault over to Android, you can purchase the Pro features by tapping Settings > Pro features. Then just make sure to install the app on all of your other Android devices using the same Google account to unlock the Pro features there as well. If you're signed into an account on Android, you won't see this option. You'll need to sync your vault first.

I'll make sure to tell @MikeT you said 'hi'! Let us know if you need anything else!

• gorham
    gorham
    Community Member

Hi @peri. Ah. Does that mean there is no stand alone version for Android? I don't want to sync. For my mobile devices, I don't want all my passwords; I want to choose only the ones I have to have when I'm out and about. I guess 1Password isn't happy about doing things that way. Ah well. I guess I'll continue to use export/import to secondary (not nearly as wonderful) applications. Thanks for responding.

-G.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gorham: There is. That's what Peri's instructions were for. Did you try it? :) I'm not sure how you expect to get your data on all your devices without syncing though. Can you clarify?

• gorham
    gorham
    Community Member

I did try it. I get the data to the devices by copying it via cables from my PC. Old fashioned but I prefer it. Anyway, I'm all set now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah gotcha. Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that all is well. :)

This discussion has been closed.