Some items won't appear in SEARCH

Community Member

Items that DO appear if I search them after launching the 1P app (from app menu) DON'T appear when I search after launching app when it pops up on a form (when I MOST NEED those items)! Pls help!

1Password Version: Android v7.1.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:sync

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@1234567890: Can you give me an example? To clarify, 1Password should offer you Login items matching the current app/browser URL. If you'll give me something to test with, I'll be happy to investigate. :)

• Thanks for jumping in, @adam1991. That option is available and will prevent an item from showing up in the browser extension, but it shouldn't affect 1Password on Android. If you do notice this behavior, please let us know.

• amoebanath
    amoebanath
    Community Member

I generally find on a regular basis that 1P won't find items when it searches.
    The most frustrating thing after that is that 1P doesn't always let you perform a manual search... which is infuriating as you then have to lose all your mental context by going to open the app, unlock, search.. etc. etc.

I feel like you need to:

• do better searches somehow
    • always allow me to do a manual search if you can't find anything
  • peri
    edited June 2019

Hi @amoebanath. Can you elaborate a bit on the problem you're having with search? Are you searching within the main app and typing your search term into the search field?

• amoebanath
    amoebanath
    Community Member

This is in mobile Chrome, via the autofill widget.
    There are times that you open autofill and 1P doesn't find anything, but it then lets you manually search. And there are times that it doesn't then let you search. I couldn't tell you exactly the circumstances though.

• @amoebanath I see. When using Autofill in websites, 1Password detects the site you're on and then only shows you Logins that have that URL saved with them. So for instance, if you're at 1Password.com and try to fill, 1Password will show you your Logins for the 1Password.com site only. You can't search for Logins in to fill when in a browser. This is a safeguard against filling into bogus phishing sites. This way, if you're at a similar site that isn't 1Password (like lpassword.com, or Ipassword.com), 1Password doesn't fill, thereby preventing those sites from phishing your login credentials.

If you're noticing that search doesn't work in Chrome, then this is the expected behavior. In cases like these, make sure to copy the URL for the site you're on into the Login item for that site, so that 1Password offers it for filling.

This discussion has been closed.