It doesn't offer to update my password after I fill in my previous password and manually change it

Options

Hi,

On lingualeo.com I filled in my credentials, and then I manually edited the password with another one. Then I could login because this website sends a new password when you try to reset it.
1Password doesn't offer to update it. Why?

Regards

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Then I could login because this website sends a new password when you try to reset it.

Can you please clarify what you mean by this? Also, if you could share the exact steps you followed to run into this, I can test them here and see if I can replicate the same behavior.

Thank you!

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member
    Options

Ah sorry I meant the new password is determined by the website and sent via email so I have to copy and paste it. Is that clear enough?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That is clear enough, thank you!

I tested the website here and I confirm that I was only able to get 1Password to show the popup if I saved the login manually in the browser.

After you receive your new password via email, are you able to get the popup to show if you paste the new password in the password field, and then follow the process to save the login manually in the browser?

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Do you mean that this website doesn't work with 1Password's auto-save new login feature at all? Why do I have to 'manually' do this?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Not every website is built the same way, so in certain cases it's necessary to explicitly tell 1Password to show that popup. Once you have done it, 1Password should be able to fill that item as usual however.

Have you given my suggestion to save it manually a try already?

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, then my question is useless. Unless it shows the popup to save a new login, it won't work also for update password.

The thing is it is hard to guess if 1Password popup will be shown automatically or not. If not, I have to logout and login again to save it manually, because I already logged in and 1Password didn't offer me to save it. This is the leanest part of the app.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I see where you are coming from. Hopefully there aren't very many websites where the 1Password popups doesn't come up automatically though, so I hope this won't happen very often to you :)

This discussion has been closed.