Merging Vaults

remoore3
remoore3
Community Member

So my wife and I have been sharing a vault with syncing through dropbox. I upgraded to 1Password 7 and it upgraded the vault. She continued to use 1 Password 6 for several months and saved some new passwords in her older version of the vault on Dropbox. I now have a subscription and have uploaded my main vault to the online vault. What is the best way for us to import her vault and the changes that she has made since I upgraded without having lots of duplicates.

Also, what is the best and safest way to keep a local copy of the online vault that stays in sync with the online version.
Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2019

Hi @remoore3!

What is the best way for us to import her vault and the changes that she has made since I upgraded without having lots of duplicates.

You could create a new vault in your account, and the move your items to it, similar to what you did with your Private vault.

How to manage your duplicates will depend on where your data is stored: if most of your items were in the old shared vault, it might makes sense to make that the default one, and remove them from your Private vault perhaps.

Also, what is the best and safest way to keep a local copy of the online vault that stays in sync with the online version.

Either manually copying items on a regular basis to a standalone vault, or by exporting your data regularly (but this is not recommended for backup purposes because data is not encrypted when exported).

1Password.com gives you automatic backups already, so can you please clarify what is your use case in having local backups made in addition to these?

This discussion has been closed.