Convert Team account to Individual

Options
richeames
richeames
Community Member

There was a post regarding this question but it appears it was answered offline,

I need to move people off of team accounts and give them individual licenses, how can I do this ?

Thanks,
Rich

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@richeames - did you want to purchase standalone licenses for these users? Or are you talking about having them subscribe to individual 1password.com account memberships?

• richeames
    richeames
    Community Member
    Options

We need to convert users to standalone licenses

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@richeames - OK. :) In that case, it's relatively simple: each of your users needs to follow these instructions to move data from their 1password.com account into a standalone vault. Once they've signed out of their account in 1Password for Mac's Preferences > Accounts, their data will be in Read Only mode (meaning, they temporarily won't be able to edit it or add/delete anything). On any item in 1Password, clicking the "Read Only" badge will bring up the Purchase Options screen. Just have them choose the license option, like this:

That will bring them to our FastSpring store, where they can buy a standalone license. Licenses for 1Password 7 for Mac retail for $64.99 each, but they're currently on sale for $49.99. Let us know if you have any questions.

• richeames
    richeames
    Community Member
    Options

Will this work if the account is currently frozen ?

Thanks,
    Rich

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@richeames - it will, as long as you make sure to have them use the Copy command and NOT the Move command. An account in Frozen status is much like a standalone copy that's not licensed: you can't use the browser extension, and you can't add, edit or delete any of the data. Using the Move command copies the data to another vault...but it ALSO deletes the data from the source vault (in the Frozen account). So, if you try "Move" instead of "Copy" it will fail.

• richeames
    richeames
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I'll schedule a time with one of my users and test the guide.

Thanks,
    Rich

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@richeames - you're quite welcome! We'll be here if you need any help. :)

This discussion has been closed.