Other categories in Mini?

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to see other categories in 1Password Mini? I see it can filter to Logins, Identities, Credit Cards, and Passwords. However I have a Server entry, and it is actually a Favorite as well, however when searching for it under Favorites or All Items it does not appear.

I would like the option of selecting sudo and SSH passwords quickly when I'm working on it, but I need to open the full 1Password application in order to work with that info. This is actually the same scenario in the Mac version of 1Password mini as well - or whatever the toolbar version on that platform is called.

Can i see other categories in Mini or is this on purpose?

Thanks for the great application!

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @zoeikane,

Thanks for writing in!

Server items should show up in either All Items or Favorites if it is favorited; I'm not sure why it wouldn't show up for you. Did you try using title:ssh to search by its title?

As for the design of 1Password mini on Windows, it's definitely going to be refreshed in the future to behave like macOS version of 1Password mini; more categories, inline details viewer, and so much more.

• zoeikane
    zoeikane
    Community Member

Hey MikeT, I tried that filter syntax but still nothing. I named the entry specifically and it's not coming up. There are website logins for the hosting provider and associated support forum that do of course.

If i copy the exact name of the entry, from the full 1Password app, then paste it in that title search way you're showing, I still get nothing back. I'm up to date apparently (7.3.684 as of this reply).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@zoeikane: If you've excluded it from mini by setting it to "Display = Never in browser" you will not find it there at all. I'm not having any trouble with search here, and unless you're searching the wrong vault that's probably your problem.

• Full Score
    Full Score
    Community Member

In previous versions only my Logins would be displayed in the Search function of mini. Now annoyingly my Credit Cards are automatically displayed, but above the Logins, so, for example, if I type in AMEX my CCs display BEFORE my Logins. How do I stop CCs appearing in the mini Search, please, or display AFTER the Logins?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Full Score: That's not quite true.

7.0-7.2:

Logins, Credit Cards, and everything else are included in search results in both cases. The difference is that 1Password isn't discriminating anymore: it shows you all relevant results for a search. As always, it will default to showing you Logins for the current URL first when you're not searching. But search is meant to help you find anything in 1Password, not Logins exclusively.

• Full Score
    Full Score
    Community Member

Is there some way to revert to the way it worked under 7.2? I don't want to see anything other than logins when I open mini. Or, put another way, how do I set the order of Categories that appear in the mini?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Full Score,

It is not possible to switch back to 7.2, but we received a lot of feedback about 7.3, so we made some changes in the upcoming 7.3.1 (available in beta now). You can read about the changes here.

For example, you can create a special tag for your Logins and display it on top. Let us know if it works for you. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• zoeikane
    zoeikane
    Community Member

Oh maybe that's it then? I vaguely remember that setting but can't seem to find it now? If i edit the entry it just lets me add or remove fields. Where can you toggle that setting?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@zoeikane: "Never display in browser" setting can be found in 1Password 7 for Windows while editing an item in question:

Please check it on your side and let us know what you find. Thank you! :) :+1:

++
    Greg

• zoeikane
    zoeikane
    Community Member

Hm, I'm not seeing that for Server entries. I do for logins though.

• Could it be excluded from All Vaults, @zoeikane? In the main app, choose 1Password > Settings, then click Vaults. Make sure the vault that item is in is checked. Search in All Vaults won't surface items in vaults that are excluded from All Vaults. If you select that vault in mini, it should surface then. Or, of course, you can either add that vault back to All Vaults or move that Server item to a vault that is included to ensure its always found. :+1:

• zoeikane
    zoeikane
    Community Member

Yup, i only have one vault and it's selected. It contains everything and all new stuff is saved within as usual. I picked All Vaults in mini but still no results in search. I know I'm getting the name right. It's also still a Favorite.

• bundtkate
    edited June 2019

One final potential wrinkle before we dive into something like search indexing, @zoeikane – in Mike's example, you'l notice there are no spaces after the colon – title:"server title" – and if you so happen to put a space after that colon (as many of us will out of habit), it won't work. Any chance you've added an errant space there? If not, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com and include a link to this thread in the body of your e-mail just in case someone catches it before I do. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  If you post that number here, I can track it down more quickly and ensure I take a look ASAP.

Thanks!

• zoeikane
    zoeikane
    Community Member

Well unfortunately it wasn't the space either. I sent an email to that support+forum@agilebits.com with my diagnostic report though!

Here's the ID I got back: [#WRT-44711-341]

I hope this helps bundtkate! I really appreciate the follow up!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@zoeikane: I found your email and we will get back to you soon. Thanks again! :)

ref: WRT-44711-341

• zoeikane
    zoeikane
    Community Member

Hey team!

So, I recreated my Server item as Greg said in the email... I guess I should have thought of this to begin with but it worked! Weird that the other looks exactly the same but remains hidden. Maybe an update along the way.. unlinked it? The original was created on November 2017, so I know updates happened between now and then.

Anyways, it's working as I hoped. Thanks for the assistance everyone!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @zoeikane,

This is quite strange indeed and we will take a closer look at this behaviour. However, I am glad to hear that you are all set now. :)

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with, we are always here for you. Thanks!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.