Search term lost switching between lists within a Vault

On Windows 10 with version 7.3.684, switching between list views within a Vault erases my Search term. But, the Search term is at least retained when switching between Vaults. As used to be the case, I would like to be able to Search and switch between different lists (filters) to narrow or broaden my search. I often find myself searching within a Category and then want to switch back to All Items too. This seems to have broken in the last couple months.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 4.7.4.90
OS Version: Win10 Pro 1809
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:search erases switching categories

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @scottwiggins,

Could you please specify what you mean by "filters" and "lists"?

When you switch categories in 1Password, the search gets cleared and you have to enter your search query again. This behaviour is the same in both 1Password 7 for Mac and 1Password 7 for Windows right now. Am I right to understand that you want to retain your search query, when you switch categories or tags in your vault? If so, I will make sure to pass your suggestion to our team.

Thank you!

++
    Greg

• scottkwiggins
    scottkwiggins
    Community Member

Hello Greg,

By lists I meant anything in the left pane (All Items, Categories, Tags, etc.) And yes, I would like my search query to be retained when switching between categories, etc. -- or at least have an Option to turn this on if it is deemed inappropriate for most users.

Thank you,

Scott

• Thanks so much for confirming, @scottkwiggins! I'll be sure to share your feedback with the team. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.