Choose vault at item creation time?

PSH
PSH
Community Member

I have several vaults. When I create a new item, it's created in the currently selected vault, or the default vault (which seems to differ in the app and in Firefox) if I have All Vaults selected.

While I've creating the item, it displays which vaults it's creating it in, but I can't change it. Is there a way to choose the vault at creation time? If not, could we have a way, please?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PSH,

Thank you for getting in touch and using 1Password!

Do you create your Login item in 1Password 7 for Windows manually? When you do it manually, 1Password creates your item in a default vault set in 1Password 7 > Settings > Vaults > Vault for saving. It is not possible to select the vault when you create an item this way, but we want to add it in the future.

You can also use 1Password extension to save your new Login items, it is possible to select Vault for saving there:

By the way, if Vault for saving is different in Firefox, could you please specify the version of 1Password app and 1Password extension in Firefox that you use on your PC? Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• PSH
    PSH
    Community Member

Yes, it was 1Password7 for Windows. I don't use the extension.

I also use the web interface. There is no option to choose it there either.

• Thanks for sharing your feedback, @PSH. It's something we're considering on the Windows side and I've been sure to pass your feedback along the web team as well. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.