Unable to sign-in successfully to 1Password extension in Chrome under Windows 10

Just installed 1Password for Windows 10 desktop. I then installed the Chrome browser extension, which directed me to a 1Password login panel. I entered the same information that was used to sign into the 1Password for Windows 10 desktop app; however, the Chrome extension is reporting that the e-mail address and secret key are wrong. But the values entered for these 2 fields are identical to the values entered when signing into the 1Password for Windows 10 desktop app (which works successfully).

Can you assist with this problem?

Thank you in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Chrome

Comments

• Hey @landt! Welcome to the forum and thanks for reaching out! :) Are you using 1Password with an account (membership) or a standalone license?

1Password X is our newest browser extension and access to it comes with a 1Password account. If you're using 1Password with a standalone license you'll want to uninstall 1Password X and install the desktop app dependent extension for Chrome:

I hope this helps. :)

• If you are using 1Password with an account, can you please try signing in to your account at https://start.1password.com/signin/ in the browser 1Password X is installed in? Once you do, you should see a prompt in the top right of the browser offering to add the account to 1Password X.

• landt
    landt
    Community Member

Hi cecelia. Thank you for the feedback. I followed your suggestions to remove and install 1Password extention from the Chrome Web Store. But there has been no change in behavior. The sign-in panel still refuses to accept the entered information, even though it is identical to the information used to sign into the 1Password desktop app.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @landt! Thanks for the additional information. Are you able to sign into your account when you visit https://my.1password.com?

• landt
    landt
    Community Member

Hi @cecelia. No, I'm unable to login using that URL. The only sign-in option I appear to have that is successful is using the Windows desktop app. But I was hoping I could integrate this application into my Chrome browser as well since most of my daily work activities involve the use of the browser. But I see that with the desktop app, I can launch the URL's; maybe that is my only option here.

• landt
    landt
    Community Member

sorry @kaitlyn; my last response was meant for you. My apologies.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@landt – It really depends on how you originally purchased 1Password and whether you have an account or a license. I think it'll be best if we move this conversation over to email so we can take a look at your current setup and go from there. To start off, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC.

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#BIY-83124-349]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

ref: BIY-83124-349

• landt
    landt
    Community Member

@kaitlyn - I sent you the Windows diagnostic report via e-mail to the support@1password.com address, and included the code you provided in the subject line.

Thanks,
    @landt

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! We'll take a look and get back you you via email. :)

This discussion has been closed.