yubikey for lightning on IOS [not yet in 1Password; more details to come]

jiq1972
jiq1972
Community Member
edited June 2019 in iOS

Since 1Password is working with the Yubikey for Lightning preview, is it (or will it be soon) possible to use the lightning interface to login/unlock 1Password via WebAuthN?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:yubikey for lightning

Comments

• jiq1972
    jiq1972
    Community Member

I am a Yubico employee and I would like to join the beta program to test with my key for lightning

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:I am a Yubico employee and I would like to join the beta program to test with my key for lightning

• @jiq1972,

Thanks for your interest in the future Yubikey integration. Once added to your 1Password.com account, your Yubikey will be used any time you sign in on a new device. It won't be used to unlock 1Password itself and you will still need to supply your Master Password or make use of Touch ID or Face ID to access your items.

• @jiq1972,

Its also worth mentioning that the yubikey integration with the iOS and Mac versions of 1Password is not currently in our beta channel.

• twizzhead
    twizzhead
    Community Member
    edited June 2019

@rudy I have the same question as @jiq1972 and I don’t think you answered the question. Yubico recently announced that they are kicking off their “Lightening Partner Preview Program”. In the press release, Yubico states that the Yubico 5Ci key will be available later this year. https://www.yubico.com/2019/06/yubico-announces-yubikey-for-lightning-partner-preview-program

In this press release, they feature the 1Password logo, which is implies that 1Password is a partner in this program.

1. Does this mean that 1Password will support the Yubico 5Ci when it launches later this year?
    2. If so, is there anyway I can sign up to be a better tester?
    3. Is there a timeline for when these features might be rolled out in 1Password for iOS?

I am not asking about current 1Password capabilities, but future 1Password features.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Does this mean that 1Password will support the Yubico 5Ci when it launches later this year?

@twizzhead: We don't have anything to announce at this time, but it's certainly possible. :)

If so, is there anyway I can sign up to be a better tester?

If you're already part of the 1Password beta, there's nothing else you need to do on that end. You'll get the latest to test before anyone else. But as far as getting YubiKey hardware that is not yet publicly available, that's not something we can help you with -- but maybe @jiq1972 or someone else at Yubico will have news to share in the future about a public preview. :)

Is there a timeline for when these features might be rolled out in 1Password for iOS?

I suspect we'll announce something like that on our blog when the time is right. :)

• jiq1972
    jiq1972
    Community Member

That is exactly what I meant. I have a yubikey 5Ci preview already and I wanted to test with beta releases

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jiq1972: As Rudy mentioned in the other discussion you started,

Its also worth mentioning that the yubikey integration with the iOS and Mac versions of 1Password is not currently in our beta channel.

If you're on the 1Password beta channel, then you'll get it once that is available there.

On a side note, please don't post about the same thing in multiple places. That just causes confusion and slows down response times for everyone. Thanks. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jiq1972: I've merged the two discussions here into a single place. If and when you have information to share about a way for users to preview Yubikey's upcoming release, I'm sure that @twizzhead and others would be interested. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.