Not working in browser after update [restart helps; update coming]

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: insists I need to install browser extension which is already installed.

Comments

• lola_sutherland
    lola_sutherland
    Community Member
    Options

I, also, had to restart my Mac (running 10.14.4 Mojave) in order to open the browser extension. I don't use a shortcut and I didn't get an error message, it just wouldn't open. Works fine now, but thought you should know since I had to look for an answer. Thanks for a good product, anyway.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lola_sutherland: Thanks for letting us know. We've made some changes in an upcoming update that should help avoid needing to restart. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@johnkzin: In the real world, it is necessary to restart devices sometimes. Try updating your OS or anything else other than a simple monolithic app (with no integration with anything), and you'll find you need to restart sometimes for that too. Sorry, but that's just a fact of life. I'm not going to go into all of the reasons why restarting can often help, because I'm sure you're aware of that already and are just understandably frustrated. Happens to all of us sometimes. Anyway, if we can find a way to have people need to restart less often when updating 1Password though, we will do that. You're welcome to try the beta with some changes in this area that have helped some of the folks who encountered this kind of problem, otherwise you'll get it along with everyone else once it's ready.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That was my point: 1Password isn't a monolithic app; its integration depends on many things, some entirely outside of it, like the OS and browser. Anyway, thanks for sharing your perspective. Take care. :)

• Ben
    Options

:+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.