Tripadvisor Login

I received an email from tripadvisor requesting me to change my password. I changed the password and updated my 1P login or so I thought but I must have done something wrong as the url has changed to the tripadvisor change password page. I have tried to get back to where I was but now I have the following issues:
1. I am not able to go automatically to the log in site, I have to click on Profile, select login with email and then click Tripadvisor in 1P mini.
2. That fails because although IP fills in the email address and the new password I now have manually to click a Captcha box to confirm I'm not a robot.

Is the a way anyone knows to get back to a simply click on tripadvisor in 1P mini and I'm into my account?

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: W10 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Mica
    Mica
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Andrew42,

When you updated your password, it sounds like the update or reset page was saved alongside your new password.

Depending on what you'd like to do with your Tripadvisor login item, you can save new logins or edit older, preexisting items. It would be a good idea to check out both of those links, even if just for future reference.

After checking out the Tripadvisor site, I see what you mean with having to click "Profile" before being able to actually enter or autofill your information. I wasn't able to find a sign in or login page myself on their end, but you can try using ctrl+\ to autofill the modal-type box that pops up. You can find more shortcuts here, if it helps.

Other than that, 1Password isn't able to handle Captcha checks as these are designed to ward off any kind of automation. I know that Captcha can be kind of frustrating but ultimately sites implement it to keep your accounts secure.

Hope this helps!

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Thanks. When I changed the password I updated my 1P record. That is when it saved the Tripadvisor change password page. I did go back in and edit that URL even though I could not find a true log-in url. I started this thread because I was wondering if I had done something wrong. I also wondered if there was a way around Captcha: apparently not. I don't mind this version but the version where you have to select pictures drives me demented! Thanks again for your help/response.

• I actually don't think that the URL you had saved should get overwritten when updating a password, @Andrew42. 1Password should recognize the form you're using as a change form and prompt you to update the password, but not muck with the website URL. In short, I don't think you did anything wrong, but we might have. Any chance you saved a duplicate TripAdvisor Login with the password change page URL instead of updating the existing one? Not saying you did this intentionally, mind, but the prompt from 1Password could have been set to "Save new" rather than "Update existing" and that could indicate we're viewing this as an account creation form rather than a password change form.

Also, though I can't do a thing to help with them, I can at least agree with you that Captchas are evil. Does the tiny corner of that sign in the top left square count? Maybe, maybe not, nobody knows! Worst. :lol:

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Thanks @Bundkate. I'm not sure how much help I can be. When I opened the Tripadvisor Change Password page I used 1P mini to create a new password, copied and pasted the created password into the two tripadvisor boxes. That done, I think I then reopened 1P mini, clicked settings, Save new log-in, update. In any event, I no longer have a copy of the url that was saved. Once I realised it was wrong I went in manually and overwrote it.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Andrew42,

Thank you for the info! If you ever bump into the similar issue again, please let us know and we will investigate. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Will do. I’ll also capture what actually happens.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@Andrew42: :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.