Installed the older 1Password on an iOS10 device and won't work with our my.1password.ca account

fbronner
fbronner
Community Member

I provided my son with an older iPhone5 cell. It runs iOS10 so it will run only 1Password v6. This is fine. However, our family account is with 1password.ca. While it lets him scan the QR code from another device, it refuses any attempt to login complaining about the master key/email address.

Since it doesn't show the my.1password.ca site upon scanning, is it possible the older version does not support .ca family account?

1Password Version: v6 last one
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS10
Sync Type: my.1password.ca

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2019

Hi @fbronner

That's correct: 1Password membership requires iOS 12 & 1Password 7 for IOS. The best solution would be to upgrade to a device that would be capable of running those versions. We can't recommend using an older version. As a security focused company we'd always recommend running the latest versions of all of your software, but especially your operating system, web browser(s), and 1Password. That said, if that isn't feasible right now, there may be a workaround. Please reach out to us at support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/105022/) from the email address associated with your account and we'll see if there is anything we can do to get this going for you, at least until a newer device is able to be obtained.

Thanks!

Ben

ref: CZW-28436-582

• fbronner
    fbronner
    Community Member
    edited June 2019

Hi Ben,

Thank you for the suggestion, I sent an email there. This is only temporary and its only for the cell, all his other devices (laptop and iPad) are much more recent.

ref: CZW-28436-582

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update! We have received your message and we will get back to you via email as soon as possible ;)

This discussion has been closed.