I could not use Chrome Extension, pls help

HuuMiu
HuuMiu
Community Member
edited July 2019 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Dear 1pass team
I am using win 10 pro and 1pass 4.6.2.626. Since January this year I could not use the extension at all. I must use Opera. The message is below when I clink on the icon of 1pass extension. could you please help
Best regards

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: the most update
OS Version: win 10 pro
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• HuuMiu
    HuuMiu
    Community Member

oh I just read your topic in 1pass ver 4. ok you do not support ver4 for Chome 75. so please delete my topic. thanks

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @HuuMiu,

I moved your thread to 1Password 4 for Windows category, I hope you don't mind. :)

Google changed their certificate used for code signing back in February and you can learn more about it here:

1Password 4 doesn't support Chrome 72 or later (but 1Password 7 does!)

Let us know if you have other questions, we are always here for you. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

• pgdleo
    pgdleo
    Community Member

You can uncheck the option "Help > Advanced > Verify my web brownse code signature" and it'll works like a charm in google chrome..

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Then anything else can communicate with 1Password as well then too, since you've disabled the security check, so it's not something we can recommend.

• pgdleo
    pgdleo
    Community Member

The least thing that I expected when I purchase a password management software is for security updates!!
    Hilarious.... or please the price of upgrade STANDALONE from 4 > 7 should be reviewed..
    I dont wanna subscribe, not make sense for me.... .

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

1Password for Windows version 4 received updates for more than three years. It was not possible to update it preemptively for a Chrome change that no one -- including Google -- knew would happen more than a year after 1Password 4 was discontinued. As far as upgrading, as I mentioned to you previously, I'd encourage you to reach out to sales@1password.com

Also, posting the same thing in multiple places just slows down response times for everyone -- including you. Please refrain from doing that.

This discussion has been closed.