How to upgrade from 1Password for Windows, v.1.0.9.342 to 1Password for Business

At work, we are using 1Password for Windows, Version 1.0.9.342 (I know, that is a super-old version). We would like to start using 1Password for Business, initially with just 2 users. My concern is that because our desktop version is so old, we won't be able to migrate all of our existing data into 1Password for Business. The entries we currently have include 509 Logins, 5 Wallets, 29 accounts, 32 Softwares, 10 Secure Notes, and 7 Identities. Nobody wants to re-enter all that data manually (as I am sure you can appreciate). So, what would be the recommended way for us to move up to 1Password for Business?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ed

1Password Version: 1.0.9.342
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 7
Sync Type: None

Comments

• I double checked with our development team just to be sure, @ede726, and 1Password 7 will be able to directly import your 1Password 1 data into your new 1Password Business account no problem. When you set up 1Password 7 with your new account, you can choose 1Password > Import and you'll see an option for Agile Keychain or OPVault folder. 1Password 1 uses the former, so when you're getting set up, just make sure to import and move things around according to what you want to share with whom. I can't tell you how stoked I am y'all are looking at upgrading – you're in for quite an update! :chuffed:

If you haven't already, I'd strongly recommend reaching out to our 1Password Business team at business@1password.com. They can guide you through the entire process of making that move. Plus if y'all need any technical assistance along the way, your account manager can chase me or one of my teammates down any time to lend a hand. :+1:

• ede726
    ede726
    Community Member

Hi Kate,

Thanks for your fast response. I really appreciate it!

I have a 1Password 7 family subscription for my personal use so I know how great 1Password 7 is on Macs, iPhones, and Windows 10. But, at work, the owner has used 1Password 1 forever. I've been trying to get him to move to the business version so he and I (to start) can easily keep our passwords (and other data) in sync.

I'll see him on Monday and let him know we can move over all our existing data. I'll also send an email to the business team since you strongly recommended that I do so. I think a demo by them would be really helpful.

Thanks, again, for all your help!

Have a great weekend!

Ed

P.S. I really like the play on your name: bundt kate. Very original and very cool!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good. Glad Kate was able to help, and we're here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.