How do guest accounts work?

shunt
shunt
Community Member

Trying to decide whether each team mates needs to buy 1Password Teams or whether certain employees can be guest users instead. Can a guest user have permanent access, or it only temporary? What other restrictions would they have? Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @shunt

The intention is for employees to be added as Team Members, and external users who only need limited access can be added as guests. Some examples might include a consultant, contractor, outside counsel, an external accounting or auditing firm, etc. Guests only have access to a single shared vault. They do not have their own Private vault, and cannot access more than one specified shared vault.

You can read more about guests here:

Share with guests in your team

Please let me know if you have additional questions. :)

Ben

• ianstorrar
    ianstorrar
    Community Member

@Ben I'm having issues getting a guest logged in. She's set up on 1Password and I've shared the vault. Now she gets a page that asks for the Secret Key. I tried using mine but it didn't work, perhaps unsurprisingly. What's the trick we're not getting?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ianstorrar:

I have replied to the discussion you have opened. Let's keep the conversation over there so we can keep all information in one place ;)

This discussion has been closed.