Really not at all liking the new 1Password 7 Mini (and browser extensions)

Options
2»

Comments

• handwovenpdx
    handwovenpdx
    Community Member
    Options

Adding +1 to really not liking the new UX. I understand there are a whole slew of costs & benefits & the new behavior won out based on that, but just examining the simple use case of clicking the extension to choose a login for a given website (roughly 99% of my interactions with 1Password, and I imagine most other people's as well) it turns a dropdown menu into a new window in a different location & doubles if not triples the amount of time spent engaging the app's primary function. On the rare occasions when I needed more functionality, I clicked "Open 1Password" from Mini & the whole operation took less than a second. This is just a really annoying regression & I'm hoping enough of us weighing in on that helps bring back the functionality we presumably all fell in love with when we initially decided to become customers.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We've definitely been listening to the feedback from everyone regarding the new UI with interest. It won't be possible to satisfy everyone, since there are a lot of competing requests. But we've got some things in the works that could help. Thanks for weighing in. :)

• zach384738
    zach384738
    Community Member
    Options

I would definitely like to add my voice to those who are saying they will not upgrade to 7 until the MAJOR UI / UX experience is back to being satisfactory again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@zach384738: Since this discussion began last year and ended early this year, we've redesigned 1Password mini in response to the feedback we received. You should try it. I'll close this old discussion to avoid further confusion. :)

This discussion has been closed.