Three-field filling fails at he.americanexpress.co.il

This discussion was created from comments split from: Three fields for one login needed.

Comments

• Aviel Corchia
    Aviel Corchia
    Community Member

going to revive this again
    1passwordX on Chrome for windows Latest
    3 field password
    https://he.americanexpress.co.il/personalarea/login/
    no matter how I try to save the password manually, it doesn't work :-\
    Any idea what I can do to get the third one going?
    When I try to auto-fill it'll use the "username" field on the first text box even though it'd something permanent(ID)

Thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Aviel Corchia - I've split your post off into its own thread, since it's regarding a different website than the previous posts in that thread, and everyone who participated in it will get notifications otherwise. Hope that's OK.

I'm less familiar with right-to-left language issues potentially affecting filling, but using a US-standard keyboard/browser setup, I was not able to save the third field, and filling only resulted in one field filled. We'll look into this, but there are a tiny handful of sites out there that intentionally do not play nice with 1Password (or other password managers). We'll see if this is one of them; thanks for reporting it! :)

• Aviel Corchia
    Aviel Corchia
    Community Member

Gotcha, Thanks Lars!
    In case you need to translate the page,
    First field is ID
    Second is 6 last digits of Amex card
    Third is actual password - the only field that changes
    I looked at the 1PasswordX login credentials save of the page, it has this "web form" information where you can see every field where it was saved, seems like it managed to catch the first and third, but not the middle one.
    So after initial save, I changed the "username" (You can't really touch the web form information - I wonder if you can manipulate that?)
    to my ID and thus I managed to auto-fill the first and third fields, but not the middle one. (I had to click the third field in order for the password to get filled in. which is easier than having a mess of not catching any field at all )

Anyways, that's a little more info regarding my work with that page.

Thanks again for the help!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2019

Hello @Aviel Corchia,

So the bad news is no matter what I've tried so far I cannot coerce 1Password X to fill all three fields. I will be filing a bug report if one hasn't been already based on the inability to correctly fill all three fields. I am sorry I haven't found anything more promising :(

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#613

• Aviel Corchia
    Aviel Corchia
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables - Hi Mate, no worries at all,
    I'm sure many sites out there have their own coding for a web credentials and not all work in a standard manner (either by security or Dev-laziness - heard its an epidemic) ;-)
    In any case, thanks for filling out a bug, hope it can be crushed soon (pun intended)

Thanks again!

• Hey @Aviel Corchia, on behalf of @littlebobbytables, you're very welcome. Thanks for your understanding in the meantime. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.