How 1password deal with csv file?

Hi
Our team is planning using 1password to manage our team's password. we want to import csv file to 1password. but the separate isn't what we expect. so I wonder how 1password deal with csv file.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Grace,

You can learn how to create a 1Password compatible CSV file in this article on our website. We have a sample CSV file there, so please check it out and compare it with yours.

Let me know if this is what you need. If it is not, any additional info about your situation will be appreciated. Thank you! :) :+1:

++
    Greg

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@Grace

If the native 1Password CSV importer doesn't work for your needs, you can use the csv converter in the converter suite . With it you can tell it which field separator to use. I'm assuming you are using Tab rather than Comma.

• Grace
    Grace
    Community Member

• Grace
    Grace
    Community Member

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Grace: As mentioned in the article Greg linked above, a CSV will need to have fields in the following order for importing Login items into 1Password:

title,website,username,password,notes,custom field 1,custom field 2, custom field …

Yours appears to be the following:

Application(?), Username, Password, Environment(?), Target Server Name, etc.

• Grace
    Grace
    Community Member

hi, we don't want to use "field" as the name of the field, because we want to use some meaning words to be displayed, can we customize the custom field name , since there are hundreds of logins for our project, we don't want to change it one by one. is there a simple way to change all items? I attach image for reference.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@Grace,

The csv converter in the converter suite allows for custom names of your custom fields. All fields that are non-stock 1Password fields (i.e. those that are not part of a 1Password category template) will be assigned the custom names you've provided in the CSV header row.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited July 2019

@Grace,

The csv converter in the converter suite allows for custom names of your custom fields. All fields that are non-stock 1Password fields (i.e. those that are not part of a 1Password category template) will be assigned the custom names you've provided in the CSV header row.

You can see the result below in the animated gif, which shows the same record imported twice, once without custom field mappings (whereby these go to Notes), and once with custom fields being added:

The commands run were:

perl convert.pl csv -v ~/Desktop/grace.csv

perl convert.pl csv -v ~/Desktop/grace.csv --addfields

Note: I changed one field name, which happened to collide with the pre-defined Membership field (Expiration Date), but this can be worked-around trivially. I also changed your Target Server Name field label so that the value would get mapped into 1Password's URL field for the Login (presuming this is what you're expecting). This too can be worked-around if you don't want that behavior.

This discussion has been closed.