My Data in 1Password

Abhijit
Abhijit
Community Member

I am trying to understand if tomorrow I stop using 1Password for any reason (very unlikely considering my love and passion for it) like I am to old to use it now is there a way where I can have my all the data made available to me like the site, login pw etc?

Thanks,
Abhijit

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Abhijit! :)

Yes, you can export your 1Password data if you want to delete 1Password or move it to a different app.

However, exported data files are not encrypted. They are stored in plain text. Anyone with access to your exported data files will be able to read your passwords, so please only keep these files around for the minimum amount of time necessary.

I hope this helps!

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

Thank you! I just tried quick export in csv format and opened it in Excel and it was mess :-) I hope I need not have to do this ever.

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• While exports are "human readable" in that they are plain text it would likely be somewhat of a challenge to actually work with your 1Password data through a spreadsheet. The primary purpose of exports are to then import them into another password manager.

Also, we'd highly recommend securely erasing any exports as soon as you're done with them. As I say, they are plain text (not encrypted), so if anyone were to get their hands on it that would be a bad day. :)

Ben

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

Deleted even before they are saved :-). I wish we have the columnar view like version 4 and you just take the screenshots much better..!

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• Deleted even before they are saved :-).

:+1:

I wish we have the columnar view like version 4 and you just take the screenshots much better..!

Oof. That sounds almost as painful as restoring from paper. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.