Gmail google account login

I have 10+ gmail/google accounts. When I use cmd + \ on the username page, I'll search for the specific account. When I autofill for the password page, how can it autofill the password that was for that account? It seems that I have to search for the account in both the username and the password pages. Hope that makes sense.

I already looked at the https://support.1password.com/create-multi-page-login/

1Password Version: 7.31
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Mojave 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @r2d2,

We do have some optimisations to make. In 1Password 6 the older filling logic would fill both stages during the first fill command. It wasn't intentional but users were quite happy it did. As we move towards making 1Password X the one extension needed it has resulted in what feels like a regression, you now need to fill twice for sites that use a multi-stage sign-in process. In time things will improve but for now it does mean 1Password treats the two stages independently and we know we need to do better here.

• matthewadams12
    matthewadams12
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables This is all fine & dandy, but can you improve 1Password 7* for this use case? If I select a Google account on the first login stage, why can't the plugin identify which account was selected and automatically select that account by default on the second stage? This would be much more convenient for the user. Currently, I have to search a second time, which is annoying.

*: I'm on macOS with 1Password 7 "Version 7.3.3.BETA-2 (70303002) 1Password Beta" and Chrome plugin "1Password X Beta – Password Manager" Version "1.17.1".

• Hey @matthewadams12, I agree that would be pretty lovely — I've made sure there's an issue filed internally for this one. :smile:

ref: xplatform/xplatform#97

• matthewadams12
    matthewadams12
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

@ag_michaelc what version of 1Password was that fixed in? I might be seeing a regression after upgrading to macOS Catalina. Logins are not sorted with the google account I'm logging in to at the top of the list anymore. :(

I'm currently on:

1Password 7
    Version 7.4.2.BETA-0 (70402000)
    1Password Beta

Brave Browser extension

macOS Catalina 10.15.1 (19B88)

• Hey @matthewadams12! I didn't mention it had been fixed. :wink: But as it turns out, this has been implemented in the beta stream of 1Password X. It's not currently available with the companion app extension. 1Password mini should remember the last login you selected, though, so if you fill your email on the first page, mini should still stay on that login when you get to the password page. Are you seeing something different?

• matthewadams12
    matthewadams12
    Community Member

Oops. My fault. I accidentally installed the "1Password X" Chrome extension instead of "1Password X Beta" when I switched over to using the Brave browser. I'll watch & report back if something's amiss. Sorry 'bout that.

• No worries, of course. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.