Downloaded the license - now what?

I just purchased a stand alone licence for v7 (already had 6). I’ve downloaded the license file. Now what?
No directions anywhere? I have the app running but many features no longer work.

Autofill stopped working in v7. I’m on Mojave. The option for autofill is not
present in the 1password 7 preferences.

Also, v6 used ot prompt me to save a password in the app when
creating one in Safari - that also no longer works.

Do I need a subscription to get back the features I used to have?
Thanks,
Bob

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac osx 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Bob285,

If in 1Password you select the menu option 1Password 7 > Licence... does it show 1Password 7 as licensed? I'm wondering if 1Password hasn't picked up on the newer 1Password 7 licence yet. If it hasn't it would be in read-only mode and that would explain the lack of filling or autosave prompt.

• Hi Littlebobby,
    Thanks for responding - I don't see a License menu option in 1Password 7.
    Bob

• Just noticed that my logins are marked "read only" as they appear in the app - no mention of this in the browser version.
    Bob

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@Bob285

It sounds like you signed up for a 1Password membership somewhere along the way as that is how 1Password handles memberships which have become "frozen" (for lack of an active subscription). To apply a license you'd need to remove the membership account from your installation. Instructions on that can be found here:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

Does that help? Please let us know.

Ben

• Hi Ben,
    Thanks for the response. I just heard from tech support that my problem is I used the app store somewhere along the way and so now the license I just purchased is no good since the app store is for subscriptions only, apparently. I'm beyond baffled by all of this - is 1passsword subscription only or what? What did I pay for by buying a license exactly?
    Bob

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Thanks for the response. I just heard from tech support that my problem is I used the app store somewhere along the way and so now the license I just purchased is no good since the app store is for subscriptions only, apparently. I'm beyond baffled by all of this - is 1passsword subscription only or what? What did I pay for by buying a license exactly?

When you buy a license you're buying the rights to use a particular version of 1Password (e.g. 1Password 7 for Mac). So your purchase isn't no good, but it is only good for what you purchased, if that makes sense. If for example you purchased 1Password 6 for Mac from the Mac App Store, you can still use that version, but it doesn't entitle you to 1Password 7 for Mac.

Membership on the other hand does include all of our 1Password apps and all upgrades for all of your compatible devices.

I hope that helps clarify the situation. Also, let's please try to avoid having the same conversation in two places. If you'd prefer to talk through email let's stick to that and close this thread. If you'd prefer to talk here then let's please discontinue the email thread. :+1: Let me know which you'd prefer.

Ben

• Thank you Ben. Let's go ahead and close the thread and I'll use email support if I have any other issues.
    Bob

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Sounds good; thanks Bob!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.