I just changed to a new computer and am haviong trouble with knox.

DoNotStaple
DoNotStaple
Community Member

I just changed to a new computer and am having trouble with Knox. When I "restore" sparsbundles with Knox Instead of "Business 2019" I gt a "Business 2019 1". Is this my same original file that I restored or another sparsbundle altogether" Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:knox

Comments

• Hi @DoNotStaple

When you restore a backup it is technically a different file that is created, but I'm not sure that is really what you're asking? Could you please elaborate? When you restore from a backup all of the contents that were present when that backup was created should be present in the resulting file.

Ben

• DoNotStaple
    DoNotStaple
    Community Member

@Ben - Yes, all of the proper files are still in their place and nothing has been deleted. I just worry that it has a new Knox sparsebundle name, i.e.) Business 2019 becomes Business 1

But, can I continue to use Knox by just opening the sparsebundles from a Finder window instead of using Knox to open it, and Use Knox only to make new file vault?

• Yes, all of the proper files are still in their place and nothing has been deleted. I just worry that it has a new Knox sparsebundle name, i.e.) Business 2019 becomes Business 1

I see. I believe the built-in Disk Utility app has the ability to change these names if it is going to be a problem.

But, can I continue to use Knox by just opening the sparsebundles from a Finder window instead of using Knox to open it, and Use Knox only to make new file vault?

Yes, absolutely you can.

Ben

• DoNotStaple
    DoNotStaple
    Community Member

@Ben
    Thanks Ben, I feel better now. Is there a recommended program to replace Knox by the way?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DoNotStaple: There isn't anything we can offer as an official recommendation, no. But on a personal level, I know a few of us find Boxcryptor pretty useful.

• DoNotStaple
    DoNotStaple
    Community Member

@brenty
    Thank you sir

• Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with. :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.