1Password recently started to fill in passwords only on second try

rOOx
rOOx
Community Member

Hi all,
I cannot remember when I last updated and 1password on my iPad and my phone, but they are on the most recent one 1password version and on iOS 12.3.1
When ever I need a password in a browser or an app that I can retrieve from 1password, The usual process is started, I tap on insert password - but the password doesn’t show up. When I invoke retrieve password again, it does work. I experience this On both iPad ( original Air) and my iPhone 7. Sorry, I can’t be more specific on since when it happens and I have not discovered a pattern of the few cases it is working right away.
I suspect this is a bug, if it’s not please give me advice how to improve my process and not to have enter the 1password password double each time.
Thank you in advance,
rOOx

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.3.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• bradlau
    bradlau
    Community Member

I'm also experiencing this problem

• warpspeed
    warpspeed
    Community Member

I have one app in particular where I notice this. In most cases I have to do it twice for it to fill the field.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi Guys! Sorry to hear about this.

Are you all seeing this behavior when using Password AutoFill?

• rOOx
    rOOx
    Community Member

When exactly is „autofill“ used?
    I just start to begin opening webpages using the built-in browser, there it seems to work.
    The problem mostly arises, when I open an app, that requires credentials-the iOS password retrieving options are displayed, choose 1password, the login-window opens (takes a while on the iPad Air). I enter 1password, select the app - and it does not fill the credentials on first try (so back to iOS retrieving options). Doing it again I usually have the password inserted,

HTH
    rOOx

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2019

Hi @rOOx,

Thank you for the information! Is there a particular app where this happens, or can you consistently make this happen with every iOS app?

• rOOx
    rOOx
    Community Member

Hi,
    sorry, I am on vacation in a region with close to no internet - no chance to try until mid July. I will start a list then.

• Sounds like a plan. :+1:

Ben

• jgjverheij
    jgjverheij
    Community Member

Today I had this problem with the Anki app. I logged in multiple times, and in all cases I had to fill the password twice before the password was actually inserted.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jgjverheij: what 1Password app version and iOS version did this happen with?

• jgjverheij
    jgjverheij
    Community Member

1Password app version 7.3.4 and iOS version 12.3.1

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jgjverheij: Can you tell me the specific steps you're taking when you (try to) fill? I'll see if I can reproduce it there as well. Do you experience issues with this in any other apps?

• jgjverheij
    jgjverheij
    Community Member

@brenty see the following screenshots:

• Application in app-store:

• On the first screen, press "synchronize":

• On this screen, I have to fill in my password twice:

I tried two different applications, namely "GreenChoice" (a Dutch energy supplier) and "LinkedIn":

• With "GreenChoice" I also have to fill in my password twice:

• With "LinkedIn" it works without any problems:

A difference is that the "LinkedIn" app can immediately find the correct password, this is also visible in the screenshot. With the two other applications I have to manually search the passwords.

• Thanks @jgjverheij. The behavior you see in the LinkedIn app is reliant on the app having defined a sensible Associated Domain. This is something the developer of the app would have to do:

Setting Up an App’s Associated Domains | Apple Developer Documentation

Having to fill twice is also a symptom of the app having not been updated properly for autofill support.

Ben

• rOOx
    rOOx
    Community Member

I experienced it today with the amazon prime app. I ended up with copying the password ...
    iOS 12.3.1 / 1password 7.3.4
    I read the other posts in the thread- so your suggestion is once the culprit like with LinkedIn is discovered we (LinkedIn‘s direct customers) should inform the vendor about a problem their app has. So it be.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rOOx: I haven't had issues with Amazon's apps...but maybe I'm not looking at the same thing you are. Can you tell me the exact version you're using (they have several in the App Store), and the specific steps you're taking?

• rOOx
    rOOx
    Community Member
    edited August 2019

@brenty - sorry: Prime Video - Just downloaded it and opened it for the first time, so it wanted the credentials. Not needed again since.

• Thanks @rOOx. I just tried this with v7.3 of the Amazon Prime Video app on my iPhone. Autofill successfully filled the credentials from my Amazon Login item in 1Password on the first attempt. If you're still having trouble you may want to try manually re-saving your Amazon Login:

How to save a Login manually in your browser

Ben

This discussion has been closed.