Long-time agilekechain user

marriageatstake
marriageatstake
Community Member

Wife and I have been happily sharing an agilekeychain account for years but now we have upgraded to 1password7 subscription family account. All of our passwords migrated over beautifully. This process has left us with a Family vault that shows an account called Personal (which has all our passwords) and an account that says Shared (which contains nothing). I also have a Primary vault, which duplicates all the passwords in the Personal vault. Two questions: Can I just delete the Primary vault, which I think is the old vault? And do I need to invite my wife (and later my two kids) into the Shared vault or can we just proceed as we have always done?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @marriageatstake! Welcome to the forum!

That's correct, the Primary vault is your old vault and you can remove it if you have migrated all your data already, so you don't have duplicates.

You can then invite your family members to the Families account so they can all have their own login credentials and separate vaults. It's not mandatory, but highly recommended, so you can also recover each other's account in case someone forgets their credentials :)

This discussion has been closed.