How do I delete old passwords

hpete
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
I have several old password enteries which I no longer use but which show up in a list at certain websites. The "delete" function under the File Menu is grayed out and I cannot get rid of these old passwords. There must be a way to do so, I hope.

Comments

• NovaScotian
    NovaScotian
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Just selecting the entry in the list and pressing the Delete key does it for me.
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    hpete wrote:
    I have several old password enteries which I no longer use but which show up in a list at certain websites. The "delete" function under the File Menu is grayed out and I cannot get rid of these old passwords. There must be a way to do so, I hope.

Welcome to the forums, hpete!

NovaScotian is correct, deleting items that aren't already deleted [that's a hint... see below] is really easy. To delete items you have saved in 1Password, run the application, select the item you'd like to delete, and click Edit > Delete or use the keyboard shortcuts. You can also drag the item(s) to 1Password's Trash. In both cases, items are moved to the built-in Trash but not permanently deleted. You can easily restore accidentally deleted items by dragging them out of the Trash and into the Unassigned folder (or any other folder you've created). To delete items permanently, empty the Trash by clicking 1Password > Empty Trash.

I think what's happening to you is that you've done a Search and are trying to delete items from the resulting list. Unfortunately we included the Trash in the search results and you cannot delete something that's already in the Trash. We released 1Password Mac 3.2.3 to have the Search results no longer include items in the Trash. Please upgrade and this should take care of what you're currently seeing.
  • hpete
    edited December 1969
    That was exactly my problem. Thanks for the heads up.

Pete
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    hpete wrote:
    That was exactly my problem. Thanks for the heads up.

Pete

That's super! Thank you for letting us know that it helped.
This discussion has been closed.