New Install - Need License File

I have a standalone license and am installing on a new machine, but cannot find my license file, and there doesn't seem to be a place to enter the license key from my prior (existing) install on my original machine. Please help?

Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Hammerhead: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! License keys have not been used for many years, so it would be for an old version of 1Password and not valid for anything current. But you can get the latest version of all the 1Password apps and any updates as part of a 1Password membership. The old license would only work for the specific version you purchased, and it's best to stay up to date with 1Password for compatibility with current OS and browser releases for security. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Hammerhead
    Hammerhead
    Community Member

Brenty, I did ask for a file, I mistakenly then used the word "key" in the second sentence. That said, the question remains. How to I locate my license file?. I'm running 1P 7.3.684 at present.

• bundtkate
    edited July 2019

I think what brenty was alluding to here, @Hammerhead, is that it sounds like you may have been using an older version of 1Password on your original machine. 1Password licenses are sold per-version, so if you purchased 1Password 4, then 1Password 7 would be a paid upgrade.

If you've already purchased 1Password 7, you should have received an e-mail from FastSpring with a link to download your license file. If you can't find that e-mail, send us an e-mail at support@1password.com from the address you used to purchase your license and we can track it down for you and send you a new link. :+1:

• Hammerhead
    Hammerhead
    Community Member
    edited July 2019

Now that I know who the vendor was (fastspring) I was able to locate the email and downloaded my license FILE.

• I don't think either of us insinuated we don't sell standalone licenses, @Hammerhead. As I said:

If you've already purchased 1Password 7, you should have received an e-mail from FastSpring with a link to download your license file.

That would be a standalone license file. The only point we were trying to make here is that 1Password 7 is a paid upgrade (whether you choose a license or a 1Password membership) if you so happened to have previously used 1Password 4 (which so happened to use a license key).

Regardless, e-mail is a great idea – with some additional information like your e-mail address we can look up any license purchases, which we can't do here on a public forum. We'll keep an eye out for you e-mail and do some digging so we can get you what you need. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.