How do I get support?

BillyD
BillyD
Community Member
edited July 2019 in Families

I am stuck. I have been through videos, and I am simply stuck, this will require more than a form search as I think my wife set up a few accounts? How do I tell? Everything seem to migrate, but I cannot log in? I have numerous questions and it is likely a simple fix. Please help 1Password.. [personal information removed by moderator; this is a public forum]

Comments

• Hi @BillyD

You can either get support here on our public discussion forum or through email via our contact form:

Contact Us

We would request that you not ask the same questions in both places as that can lead to a duplication of efforts. If you'd like to continue here, please let me know. If you'd prefer a private email exchange, please use the link above. :)

Ben

• BillyD
    BillyD
    Community Member

Yes, let’s continue here, thanks...

• BillyD
    BillyD
    Community Member

Actually, I would prefer a private email exchange, but on my iPhone I cannot see an email link, thanks—-

• BillyD
    BillyD
    Community Member

Sorry...we have been working on this for what seems like all weekend. So, just needing to resolve ASAP.

• @BillyD

No problem. You can contact us via email using this form:
    https://support.1password.com/contact/

Ben

• BillyD
    BillyD
    Community Member

....:see us all hunched over computer awaiting your reply.

• BillyD
    BillyD
    Community Member

No no no...please stay with me!!!! That link takes me back to the start.....please stay here!!!!!!

• BillyD
    BillyD
    Community Member

Ben, wait!!! Stay on the line!!!

• @BillyD

This isn't a "live chat." Conversations are held asynchronously, similar to the speed of email, but public. If you'd like to email us you'd need to use the link I posted. I'm not sure what you mean when you say that "takes [you] back to the start"? That is indeed the correct link...

Ben

• BillyD
    BillyD
    Community Member
    edited July 2019

Ben, hey! Let’s just stay here in this chat. Here is my question. My wife got a new iMac and I am trying to get all of her passwords migrated to this new iMac from her old iMac. In the meantime, I have upgraded to a family account. And things are all a jumble. I imported a CSV file and it put all of the password names under account names etc. etc. Now it is a total mess. On top of that, the 1Password mini will not open using her password? So now we are having to use her old iMac for reference to access her one password even though now her 196 passwords have lost all of their icons and don’t look the same? For what it’s worth the migration for me and my new iMac was a breeze! But we are deep into it here

• BillyD
    BillyD
    Community Member

I am trying to determine how this works, if it’s several minutes between reply’s this is going to take a long time. I just can spend all day. Honestly....No offense Ben, is there no way I can speak with someone. We are just waiting here, and phones are ringing etc

• @BillyD

My apologies; we don't offer real-time technical support. We can either help here or via email, but we don't offer support via telephone. I'm sure we can get to the bottom of the issue for you here but it may take a little time.

My wife got a new iMac and I am trying to get all of her passwords migrated to this new iMac from her old iMac. In the meantime, I have upgraded to a family account. And things are all a jumble. I imported a CSV file and it put all of the password names under account names etc. etc. Now it is a total mess. On top of that, the 1Password mini will not open using her password? So now we are having to use her old iMac for reference to access her one password even though now her 196 passwords have lost all of their icons and don’t look the same? For what it’s worth the migration for me and my new iMac was a breeze! But we are deep into it here

Is all of her data on the old iMac still at this point? And has it been migrated to your 1Password Families membership? We can test that... if she logs in to her account within your membership at https://my.1password.com/ is all of her data there?

If her data is all on the old iMac please delete the CSV file. We wouldn't recommend using an export to switch to a new computer. As you've found that'll only complicate things, and CSV files aren't encrypted.

Ben

• BillyD
    BillyD
    Community Member
    edited July 2019

Okay, thanks Ben, let’s move forward. Understood on the CSV.
    1. Yes, info is still on old iMac.however, after exporting/importing of csv files, she said it looks weird now, brand icons are now the 1pw lock.
    2. We THINK these have been migrated. But this opens a question about vaults. She appears to have two secret keys?
    3. You say we can test, but I am unclear. I can log in to my account on my computer and all is perfect.
    4. Similarly, I can log into her account at 1Password...com on any browser/any machine and see the data we imported, but there is no way I can access it through the app on her new iMac? (Her old familiar 1pw master no longer works on the new machine)
    6. Per the csv convo, When you say delete it, is this simply for security reasons? Because the data has already been imported (obviously) on the new machine.

Lastly...to add insult to injury, I can not log into 1pw forums on MY iMac (I am using my phone). 1pw is apparently not sharing this log in info? When I try to log into this forum/conversation on my iMac, It will not recognize the forum log in credentials? And I logged in on this forum on a new iPhone instantly using Face ID.?

• BillyD
    BillyD
    Community Member
    edited July 2019

[removed per forum guidelines]...my long letter to you is gone? Rewriting:
    1. Yes her 1pw Data is still on her old iMac. However, ever since exporting it and then importing it onto the new machine, the icons appear as the 1Password lock versus the branded icons. She also said the information seems a little bit screwy and maybe even a lot screwy.
    2. That is the great question....Has it been migrated to the family account? It appears that way?
    3. But on the new iMac I can no longer use the app to login? It will not take her old familiar one password master login. I can easily login to her account On any machine and in any browser and see that the data has been imported.
    4. So I reset the password on the new machine then restarted hoping it would reboot one password app. But no luck
    5. Again, the icons are all locks and things seem a little funky at 1pw.com
    6. I presume when you suggest that I delete the CSV file it is simply for security reasons because we don’t want it floating around, correct? Because obviously deleting the CSV file would do nothing after it has already been imported
    7. I logged into this forum on my iPhone (at my wife’s office), But when I went back to my office to login in on my iMac, the 1pw forum log in creds did not work. So I will continue to communicate off of my phone. ....that seems a little weird considering my phone launched right into this forum using face detect? Is my phone no longer syncing? Is it possible to migrate this entire conversation to email? Working off my phone is ridiculous.

To be clear, 1pw has worked seamlessly for us for years using Dropbox ( I upgraded to your paid service however to avoid syncing issues and the price seems reasonable for the level of security) The videos are helpful the software makes sense and the interface is clean. These are all new problems and new challenges.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Heya, @BillyD ! :)

Ben's away for the evening, but I'll be around and am happy to follow him to help. Sorry some of your comments got stuck in the spam filter temporarily. I know that must have been frustrating. But please refrain from using inappropriate language. Filtering for spam is just one part of how we keep the forum friendly for you and everyone else who comes here for help with 1Password. Thanks for understanding. :)

To avoid getting off track, let's focus on getting your wife all setup for now, and then we can circle back to any other questions you still have.

To start, make sure that she has all of her data in her 1Password membership account. She can sign into 1Password.com in a web browser to varying that everything is there:

https://start.1password.com

Just keep in mind that the Master Password for that will be the one she setup when signing up for the account to join your family membership. It will be at least ten characters, and there is no harm in trying multiple times to get used to it. That's what will be needed going forward.

Then, make sure she's got her Emergency Kit in case she every needs it. That way, even if all her devices are lost, stolen, or destroyed, she can still sign in to get her 1Password data again:

https://support.1password.com/emergency-kit/

Finally, have her start over in the 1Password app on each device:

https://support.1password.com/starting-over/

She can then set each of them up with only her new account just by signing in, so they all have the same data, and any change made on one will sync to the others as well.

Let me know how it goes, and we'll continue from there. :)

This discussion has been closed.