I can't launch 1Password

I have downloaded this program, but am unable to get it to launch on my Windows PC; also it doesn't autofill when I go to a website that's in the vault. I am trying to use t his program so I can cancel and uninstall Dashlane which is coming up for renewal very shortly

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I can't launch 1Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @janebm! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please give us some details about your 1Password app and computer?

1. What 1Password version did you install?
    2. What operating system and version are you using?
    3. What 1Password browser extension version did you install?
    4. What browser are you using when you see the autofill issue?

If you could also clarify what you mean exactly when you wrote that 1Password doesn't launch, it would be very helpful!

• janebm
    janebm
    Community Member

Windows 10. 1Password 7 Edge extension. When I click on the icon in the task bar it goes straight to the website home page.

• It sounds like you may just have the Edge extension installed without the desktop app, @janebm. Have you installed and set up 1Password 7 for Windows as well? 1Password needs both the extension (so 1Password can interact with your browser) and the desktop app (the brains of the operation) in order to save and fill for you. If you've not installed the desktop app yet, you can find instructions to get it set up here:

https://support.1password.com/get-the-apps/?windows

Once you've set it up, give filling another try and let me know if you're still having trouble.

If you've already set up the desktop app, go ahead and open it directly from Start and unlock, then close Edge, wait a few seconds, open it again and try filling once more. Are you still having trouble? Let me know what you find!

• janebm
    janebm
    Community Member

I have canceled this program and am trying to get it off my computer.

• You can find a guide to uninstall 1Password here, @janebm:

https://support.1password.com/uninstall-1password/

Of course, we'd love to see you have a chance to give 1Password a proper try, so if there's anything at all I can do to help, you need only ask. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.