Upgrade question

gbelker
gbelker
Community Member

So I have had 1Password on my IMac for a few years plus 1Password app on my IPhone and IPad which have all always synched together nicely. I recently upgraded to the new 1Password for $2.99/mth on my IMac. The apps on phone and IPad do not appear to be able to sync now with any changes I make on the IMac. It was suggested to delete and reinstall apps which I did. It is asking me to sign in with required secret keyword which I’m afraid I may no longer have. I was also told I could get my secret keyword by opening the app on a device, going to settings, accounts, selecting my account and tell it to show me the secret keyword. However, when I try this on my 1Password phone app it says “add existing account” and then asks me to sign in again with the needed secret keyword. So in short, after the upgrade it’s asking me to go to device app to get the secret keyword, but the device app is just saying add an existing account and then telling me I need the secret keyword to sign in. Hope this makes sense. Not sure what to do next.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gbelker: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. So you would only have an account if you signed up for a 1Password membership within the past few years. Did you do that? Let me know. :)

• gbelker
    gbelker
    Community Member

Sorry for my ignorance on this. I don’t think I did, but I’m not completely sure. Is there a way to confirm? So if I haven’t signed up for 1Password.com and I upgraded to 1Password7, then I shouldn’t have to do anything else? Maybe I haven’t given enough time for apps to sync?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@gbelker:

I don’t think I did, but I’m not completely sure. Is there a way to confirm?

Do you pay monthly or yearly? If you do, then you have a 1Password account, since they are paid with a subscription :)

This discussion has been closed.