Shared Vault results in duplicate entries?

Options
stegerk
stegerk
Community Member

When I View All Vaults, I see duplicate entries for some records in Personal Vault and Shared Vault. Can 1pwd be configured to allow a single password record to be viewable in multiple vaults, or must their be a duplicate entry for the same data in both a Personal and Shared vault? Also if there must be two records in two separate vaults, do they stay synced (an edit in one IS an edit in the other) or are they forked (an edit to one does NOT result in the same edit in the record in the other vault?

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @stegerk

We generally recommend having entries only in one vault, to avoid the difficulties you mentioned.

Also if there must be two records in two separate vaults, do they stay synced (an edit in one IS an edit in the other) or are they forked (an edit to one does NOT result in the same edit in the record in the other vault?

They're forked. As far as 1Password is concerned they're entirely separate items. There is no association of items across vaults. What makes you want to have items in both the Personal and Shared vault, rather than exclusively being in Shared?

Ben

• stegerk
    stegerk
    Community Member
    Options
      "What makes you want to have items in both the Personal and Shared vault, rather than exclusively being in Shared?"

I didn't. I guess that I should've moved rather than copied the items that I wanted to be in the Shared Vault. Now I also guess that I'll need to go and delete the duplicates.

Thanks for the super quick response!

• Ben
    Options

I didn't.

Heh! Fair enough. 😁

I guess that I should've moved rather than copied the items that I wanted to be in the Shared Vault. Now I also guess that I'll need to go and delete the duplicates.

Going forward that would indeed be my recommendation.

Thanks for the super quick response!

My pleasure. Happy to help. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.