To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Unable to log in on a specific machine

nvsp
nvsp
Community Member

I moved from having my vault on dropbox to an individual subscription. This is working well on 3 different machines (iPhone, macbook pro, iPad), but I cannot log in from my macbook air.

I have my secret key and master password, but it simply refuses to log me in. This is happening on the website, as well as in the Mac app. I've tried Firefox and Safari, but to no avail. I have tried many times and checked and tripple checked that I'm not making typos. All machines are on the same network, no funny proxy settings or anything like that.

I'm absolutely puzzled as to why this is happening, and what to do about it.

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.8.8 (688001) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @nvsp

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble.

On the iPhone, iPad, and MacBook Pro can you please check if you have a vault called "Primary"? You can check in the vault switcher at the top left corner of the app.

Ben

P.S. I noticed you mentioned you're using 1Password 6.8.8 on your Mac. Your subscription includes access to the latest versions, which for Mac is v7. Once we get this sorted I'd highly recommend upgrading (no extra charge).

• nvsp
    nvsp
    Community Member

Thanks for the fast reply. I do have a vault called “primary” on those devices.

I agree I’m behind with the desktop version and certainly intend to upgrade, just didn’t want to change too much until this issue is resolved.

• I agree I’m behind with the desktop version and certainly intend to upgrade, just didn’t want to change too much until this issue is resolved.

Agreed. :)

I do have a vault called “primary” on those devices.

Thanks for confirming. That would be the problem. That vault should've been deleted as part of the migration process. The problem is that you have two different Master Passwords, which is of course confusing. :) That's why we included deleting the Primary vault as part of the process. Unfortunately for whatever reason that didn't happen. So we should do it now. But before we can, we need to find out what the Master Password for your 1Password.com account is, otherwise you'll be locked out. Please use the vault switcher to switch to the "Personal" (or "Private") vault. From there look in the Logins category for a Login item for 1Password.com. There should be one, and it should contain the Master Password that we're looking for. Please make a note of that, and try using it to log in at https://my.1password.com/

Please let me know how that turns out.

Ben

• nvsp
    nvsp
    Community Member

Thanks Ben, that worked. I'm now able to log in to the website and the desktop app on my macbook air as well.

Is there a way to transfer passwords that are in my Primary vault, but not in my Personal vault? I'm pretty sure I created some accounts on my macbook air, not realizing I wasn't logged in to my Personal vault.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@nvsp: Thank you for the update! It's great to hear that you managed to login on that computer as well :)

Is there a way to transfer passwords that are in my Primary vault, but not in my Personal vault? I'm pretty sure I created some accounts on my macbook air, not realizing I wasn't logged in to my Personal vault.

Not directly, but perhaps there is a workaround that you might find useful: if you switch to the Primary vault and sort your items by Date Modified, all your latest items will be at the top of the list. This should make it easier for you to compare the two vaults and only transfer those new items ;)

• nvsp
    nvsp
    Community Member

OK, thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome! Let us know if we can help more :)

This discussion has been closed.