Safari not the best for 1 Password?

Options
angapmac
angapmac
Community Member

I have quite a few issues with 1Password 7 on my Mac as well as iPhone. Question: Could it be that Safari is not ideally suited for 1Password? Would Firefox be a better choice for use with 1Password 7?

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: 7.3.1
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: not sure...

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @angapmac

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. While using a different browser might work around whatever issues you're having I think it would be preferable to get to the bottom of them. We have a large base of customers that use 1Password with Safari without difficulty, so I don't think it would be fair to conclude that they can't play nicely together.

What sort of difficulty are you having?

Ben

• angapmac
    angapmac
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Ben. I just wanted to clear the air with respect to Safari first. I'm glad to see that it does not seem to be problematic.

My main issue with 1Password is not so much on my Mac. It is rather on my iPhone (XS, IOS 12.3.1). I can open the 1Password App (Version 7.3.4) with Face ID, but Face ID does not kick in afterwards when trying to open various Logins. It rather asks that I enter the MainPassword every time. When I do enter that password, I am prompted to create a Login even though there already exist an ID & Password for that particular site that I can see in the Categories window of 1Password.

To help you with this issue, I also include here the Settings as they are within 1Password on my iPhone

• Ben
    Options

Thank you for the screenshots and the detailed description of the difficulty you're having. Could you please also provide a screenshot of the 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Security screen?

I am prompted to create a Login even though there already exist an ID & Password for that particular site that I can see in the Categories window of 1Password.

The most common cause of this is that there isn't a website field on the login item that matches the URL of the website you are visiting. We require this as an anti-phishing measure. For example, to fill a login item on https://my.1password.com/signin there must be a website field on the item in question that contains 1password.com. Could you please check next time you run into this and make sure the login item you're trying to use has an appropriate website field on it?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.