The 'Password' Web Form not being filled in

I've been unable to get 1Password to fill in the 'Password' web form/field on this specific banking site.

I tried creating new logins multiple times, and even modifying the Saved Web Form Details, to no avail.

Hope someone here can help, thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: 7.3
OS Version: macOS 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @smta1111! Welcome to the forum!

What browser (and browser version) is this happening with please? So I can make sure to test the website with the same environment that you are using :)

• smta1111
    smta1111
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana, I'm on Safari 12.1.1. Thanks for looking into this!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2019

Thank you for the confirmation @smta1111!

I managed to reproduce this issue in Safari, so I will open an internal issue for our developers so they can look at this. Let's see if there is anything we can do to make 1Password work with that website ;)

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#596

• smta1111
    smta1111
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana, any update on this? I'm still facing the issue.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@smta1111, unfortunately not yet.

Thank you very much for your patience!

• smta1111
    smta1111
    Community Member

No worries, just checking in.

FWIW, I noticed that 1Password will autofill if that website's 'Password' field is clicked on, or selected: screen recording link

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @smta1111,

You have undoubtedly located the cause of the issue. The site has code in place so that the password field is set to read-only until it is clicked on. So when you initially ask 1Password to fill, if focus isn't on the password field 1Password doesn't think it should interact with that field. If focus is first placed on the password field the site's code changes the field so it is editable by the user at which point 1Password considers it a valid field to interact with.

Ideally 1Password should respect things like whether a field is disabled or set to read-only so it becomes a delicate balancing act of working with more unusual designs versus accidentally filling where we shouldn't. We'll have to see what we can do.

I have updated the issue with your findings and at least while we think about this there is a workaround you can use to get 1Password to fill all the fields on the first go.

• smta1111
    smta1111
    Community Member
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for bringing this up! It's always good to have real-world test cases to consider as we continue working to strike the best balance we can. Have a tweet great weekend! :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@smta1111:

A quick update about this: we have been testing this website a bit more and we noticed that the latest beta of 1Password X works here without issue. I know that 1Password X is not available for Safari yet, and that the companion browser extension won't work with the website because of what littlebobbytables explained, but I just thought you might like an update in case you are willing to give 1Password X a try in a different browser.

• smta1111
    smta1111
    Community Member

Thanks for the update and all your (and the team's) efforts @ag_ana!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @smta1111! :) Let us know if there is anything we can do to help :+1:

This discussion has been closed.