I imported my vault from dashlane. Some of my sites require 3 pieces of information to login.

JoyW
JoyW
Community Member

These logins are no longer working properly. How do I fix them? I primarily use the extension.

Comments

• arturoaubry
    arturoaubry
    Community Member

Hey, @JoyW.

I had a similar issue when importing from LastPass... I know it can be very bothersome.

I'm not a 1Password team member, but I think it depends on the type of fields your sites require to log in. For example, if you imported your 2FA keys, you'd need to create a one-time password field. Or maybe it's a date that was imported incorrectly. In that case, you'd need to create a date field. I'd suggest you read more about 1Password's custom fields.

In the end, I believe it'll depend on what "pieces of information" your sites require, but I can assure you the most common types of fields that you'd find on the web are supported by 1Password. We only need to know which ones are they.

Hope that helps :)

• Hi @JoyW

Three-field logins can be a bit tricky. I would suggest manually re-saving these as new items using the 1Password extension. We have a guide available on this process here:

How to save a Login manually in your browser

Once you have a working Login item saved you can delete the original (imported) one. I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• JoyW
    JoyW
    Community Member

@Ben,

I saw this article and tried that but I don't have that new login button on the extension under settings. Is that on the extension or do I need to open the desktop application to find it?

• @JoyW

Could you please check which of these browser extensions it is that you have installed in your web browser?

• 1Password X or
    • 1Password extension (desktop app required)

(if you're using Safari it may just appear as "1Password")

Ben

• JoyW
    JoyW
    Community Member
    edited July 2019

@Ben
    It looks like I have both installed. But the one I'm using seems to be 1Password X

• Okay, sorry about that. The instructions are for the desktop app extension. We generally don't recommend having both installed, as they may conflict. Would you mind uninstalling 1Password X and giving the desktop app extension a try, at least for this procedure?

Thanks.

Ben

• JoyW
    JoyW
    Community Member
    edited July 2019

@Ben,

Thanks, that now allows me to update the logins that I imported and save the additional credential.

So which extension should I be using?

Joy

• At this point it is really a matter of preference. Unfortunately offering two different extensions with slightly different feature sets causes some confusion. We're hoping to streamline this in the future. For now, if the desktop app extension is working well for you I'd suggest sticking with that.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.