Safari extension not filling

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Trouble filling after upgrade to 1Password 7 [all browsers].

Comments

• donnafreer
    donnafreer
    Community Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

I have a yearly subscription for 1Password and 1Password 7.3.1 is installed as a Safari extension on my mac. But it doesn't insert the login info the way 1password 6 (and earlier versions) did. How do I fix that so it autofills the login info it has stored?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @donnafreer

1Password doesn't "autofill" in the way some other password managers do — intentionally it always requires some sort of user action to cause filling (e.g. using the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut or clicking the 1Password icon). If that isn't working as expected when activated the first thing I would recommend checking is that in Safari > Preferences > Extensions 1Password is checked and enabled. Please let me know how that turns out.

Ben

• donnafreer
    donnafreer
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Ben.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @donnafreer,

I apologise for asking for verification but does that mean you're able to get 1Password to save and fill and is everything working as you expect it to? I just want to make sure everything is good and we're not accidentally missing anything.

• donnafreer
    donnafreer
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I'm good.

• Ben
    Options

Excellent. Thanks for the update. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.